From: Jose on
On Feb 18, 8:39 am, "glee" <gle...(a)spamindspring.com> wrote:
> "Jose" <jose_e...(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message

> >Here is how you find out without downloading any third party
> >software.  You have everything you need to gather the information
> >already - manufacturer, motherboard, versions, video information, etc.
> >- and you would have been on your way by now.
>
> >Click Start, Run and in the box enter:
>
> >msinfo32
>
> >Click OK, and when the System Summary info appears, click Edit, Select
> >All, Copy and then paste the information back here.
>
> >There will be some personal information (like System Name and User
> >Name), and whatever appears to be private information to you, just
> >delete it from the pasted information.
>
> >For video driver information, expand the Components, click Display,
> >click Edit, Select All, Copy and then paste the information.
>
> >This will minimize back and forth Q&A and eliminate guesswork.
>
> That's not entirely correct.  System Information (msinfo32) will NOT
> give any information regarding the motherboard make and model or
> chipset. The display information *may* show the installed hardware, but
> only if the correct drivers are installed.  If no drivers are installed,
> msinfo32 may not show any pertinent info to correctly identify the
> display adapter.
>
> Installing a simple utility like SIW is what will eliminate the
> guesswork and minimize the need for more Q&A.
>
> Certainly, running msinfo32 may supplement the needed information, and
> is a good suggestion for an *additional* scan, but it will not give all
> the required information.
> --
> Glen Ventura, MS MVP  Oct. 2002 - Sept. 2009
> A+http://dts-l.net/

Post your msinfo32 information and I will tell you what kind of
motherboard you have and the chipset information.

Post your Display information from msinfo32 and I will tell you what
type of video adapter you have and the driver version.

SIW does give a lot of information, but it requires an installation of
a third party program, the user may accidentally install Xobni while
doing so and there is nothing in SIW that you can't get from msinfo32
to solve what is likely a simple video driver update issue.

Why install other things to retrieve information that is available
with what you already have?

I missed the instructions on how to get the information from SIW back
here or is just installing SIW and "finding out everything you need to
know" going to move closer to resolving the issue? After installing
SIW will come the "now what do I do" questions. Type in the
information and make a mistake? Provide the wrong information? Make
a mistake and have to generate more back and forth messages?

If the OP had followed the instructions from yesterday morning, we'd
be done by now. So far we are 14 messages into the issue and z-e-r-o
forward progress has been made to resolve the issue of the
malfunctioning Stand By button. There have been some going backward
ideas though.
From: Drora on
Hello to Glen
Indeed msinfo 32 provided little.
Here is what it gave me:

System manufacturer: Intel. Model: D915GAW

Further down in the components section, In the display line you get a blank
empty page.

I have now this miracle SIW program I will be installing now and let hope
it provide a solution.

Thanks again
Drora

From: Jose on
On Feb 18, 10:16 am, "Drora" <x...(a)cvfcf.com> wrote:
> Here is another bit from this immense mind boggling amount of info that this
> SIW can provide:
> Note: Next to the monitor line appear a blue circle with a yellow mark that
> clipboard didn't pick up and I replaced it with this:  {X}
>                                       ======================

Interpreting the information presented, you have a serious heat
problem!

Core Temperature 4475114 °C (8055236 °F)

This morning, the temperature of the sun was only 6000 °C.

Here is what the msinfo32 information looks like when you follow the
directions:

System Information:

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
System Model Presario V4000 (ET955UA#ABA)
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 6 Model 13 Stepping 8 GenuineIntel ~1696 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date Phoenix F.14, 4/27/2006
SMBIOS Version 2.31
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.5512 (xpsp.
080413-2111)"
Time Zone Eastern Standard Time
Total Physical Memory 512.00 MB
Available Physical Memory 220.24 MB
Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB
Page File Space 1.20 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Component Display Information:

Name Mobile Intel(R) 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset Family
PNP Device ID PCI
\VEN_8086&DEV_2592&SUBSYS_309D103C&REV_04\3&B1BFB68&0&10
Adapter Type Intel(R) 915GM/GMS,910GML Express Chipset, Intel
Corporation compatible
Adapter Description Mobile Intel(R) 915GM/GMS,910GML Express
Chipset Family
Adapter RAM 128.00 MB (134,217,728 bytes)
Installed Drivers ialmrnt5.dll
Driver Version 6.14.10.4363
INF File oem4.inf (i915GM0 section)
Color Planes 1
Color Table Entries 4294967296
Resolution 1280 x 800 x 60 hertz
Bits/Pixel 32
Memory Address 0xB0080000-0xB00FFFFF
I/O Port 0x00001800-0x00001807
Memory Address 0xC0000000-0xCFFFFFFF
Memory Address 0xB0000000-0xB003FFFF
IRQ Channel IRQ 16
I/O Port 0x000003B0-0x000003BB
I/O Port 0x000003C0-0x000003DF
Memory Address 0xA0000-0xBFFFF

From: Drora on
Since no where in the universe, including on the sun there is such
temperature, and in my house surely is not that hot, in fact it is a bit
cold here as I like it cold, it shows you the reliabilty of that SIW
program.

However, tomorrow this computer goes for clean format and clean install that
will eliminate all the guesses.

Thanks to all
Drora

From: glee on
Please select (highlight) the heading titled "Video" in the left pane of
SIW, and tell us what it shows in the right pane. We don't need the
Monitor info or the other things below Video when you expand it....just
the info when you have Video highlighted.

Also, you still have not told us the brand and model of the
computer.....is it a Dell or another OEM brand? If so, what model is
it...name and number, it would be on the front of the computer of it is
a desktop computer, or on top when opened if it is a laptop.
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP Oct. 2002 - Sept. 2009
A+
http://dts-l.net/

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3