From: saehn on
> Actually, I already did that.. I created Planet X1, which I thought
> was going to be a big hit because it was a really new concept.. and
> after posting about it here and 15 other boards I never received more
> than about 2 or 3 replies and I think only one person actually tried
> to play it.

Well, come on Dave... it wasn't working yet. You could move the tanks
around and that was cool, but no enemies = no fun. You know I was
interested in it, and I'm sure other people would be once it is closer
to being playable. :-)
From: Rudolf Harras on
saehn schrieb:
>> Actually, I already did that.. I created Planet X1, which I thought
>> was going to be a big hit because it was a really new concept.. and
>> after posting about it here and 15 other boards I never received more
>> than about 2 or 3 replies and I think only one person actually tried
>> to play it.
>
> Well, come on Dave... it wasn't working yet. You could move the tanks
> around and that was cool, but no enemies = no fun. You know I was
> interested in it, and I'm sure other people would be once it is closer
> to being playable. :-)

Yes, I think as long as something is not finished you can't say if its
good or not. If it has the best graphics it still can't be playable.
Where can I find this game? I searched for it but didn't find it.

I still like to play on the C64 but I wonder how many people still use
it for gaming. Most of the competitions etc. are for demos, I'd really
like to have some gaming parties. Altough I think some people still
might play some challenges from time to time but when I was playing
Snoopy yesterday I just asked myself if I am the only one in the world
playing this right now...

A game really missing on the C64 in my Opinion is a good 4-player
Bomberman Clone. There was one for DOS called "Boom", the funniest
Bomberman ever for 3-4 players (well 2 also works).
From: David Murray on
> Well, come on Dave... it wasn't working yet. You could move the tanks
> around and that was cool, but no enemies = no fun. You know I was
> interested in it, and I'm sure other people would be once it is closer
> to being playable. :-)

Oh.. well, I've gotten further than that now.. There are enemies..
They may not be very smart, but they are there. I'm still working on
Planet X1, but I doubt I'll ever polish it to the point I originally
intended to... Also it may be possible that the audience on the
Vic-20 is smaller than on the C64..
From: Garberstreet Electronics on

"David Murray" <adric22(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Well, come on Dave... it wasn't working yet. You could move the tanks
>> around and that was cool, but no enemies = no fun. You know I was
>> interested in it, and I'm sure other people would be once it is closer
>> to being playable. :-)
>
> Oh.. well, I've gotten further than that now.. There are enemies..
> They may not be very smart, but they are there. I'm still working on
> Planet X1, but I doubt I'll ever polish it to the point I originally
> intended to... Also it may be possible that the audience on the
> Vic-20 is smaller than on the C64..

Pardon my lack of Commodore knowledge, but isn't the C64
backwards compatible with the Vic-20? I would hope that
it was. I mean, can't it run Vic-20 programs?

Bill Garber of Garberstreet Electronics
http://www.garberstreet.com

From: David Murray on
> Pardon my lack of Commodore knowledge, but isn't the C64
> backwards compatible with the Vic-20? I would hope that
> it was. I mean, can't it run Vic-20 programs?

The short answer is "NO." The long answer is that it could run a very
small portion of programs written on the VIC-20 as long as those
programs were written entirely in BASIC and did not use any features
other than writing text to the screen. So that probably means less
than 1% of VIC-20 programs would work on the C64.
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Prev: Video from OVGE 2009
Next: Phantom drive?