From: Peter Mairhofer on
Hi,

I want to start a call to a specific number when pressing a specific
button on a Windows Mobile 2003 device.

What is the quickest way to achieve this?

Best regards,
Peter

From: Peter Foot [MVP] on
For Windows Mobile 2003 you can call the PhoneMakeCall function. For C++ you
need to use phone.h and link to phone.lib. For .NETCF you need to P/Invoke
this function (On Windows Mobile 5.0 and above there is a managed library
around this function - Microsoft.WindowsMobile.Telephony). Alternatively we
have a product which includes this function already wrapped and other Mobile
specific APIs - http://inthehand.com/content/Mobile.aspx

Peter

--
Peter Foot
Microsoft Device Application Development MVP

From: Peter Foot [MVP] on
Another option (since you mention calling from the command line) is to use
ShellExecuteEx or Process.Start with a tel: url e.g.

System.Diagnostics.Process.Start("tel:123456789", null);

The string following tel: must be a valid phone number, the user will be
prompted first before dialling starts.

Peter

From: Peter Mairhofer on
Hi,

Wow, this looks nice! Because I can just create a link file, place in
the start menue and assign a button to it -exactly what I want

the one problem: the prompt. Is there a way to avoid this? Because it
must place the call automatically as the display is not working...

Best would be without programming. I can C, C++ but I want to avoid to
install big software. on my PC. But I have installed Visual Studio. NET
2003 on Windows XP

Peter

From: Peter Foot [MVP] on
The only way to call without the prompt is through the PhoneMakeCall
function, the URL method will always prompt.

Peter