From: Martin Holmes on
Rick Paul wrote:

> I gather you're still pretty happy with the VStudio 100?

Very happy -- it took me a little while to figure out how to tweak the
comps and eqs on the individual inputs, but that's down to the
limitations of having just a small LCD for a GUI. I also find I have to
wind the "Sens" control up to full to get hot enough input for the DAW
most of the time -- that seems counter-intuitive. But it's rock solid,
and the mic pres are nice. Worth every penny, I think.

Cheers,
Martin

From: Bob Donald on

"Martin Holmes" <spammenot(a)uvic.ca> wrote in message

> He had such a monster sound. I always thought Slade were under-rated as a
> rock band. The Slade Alive album was amazing. I think the novelty aspect
> of some of their later records, and the appearance of the band, meant that
> they didn't really get taken seriously as musicians.

Alot of that was over on this side of the pond though, they had awesome
success over there.

> I wonder what Dave Hill is doing now? Noddy Holder shows up acting in
> Coronation Street once in a while!

The last time I talked to him, he moved back to the UK (a few years ago),
when Slade reformed <sans Noddy and eventually Jim, I beleive, as Slade II,
then back to Slade the last I heard.>. He sent me a couple of the demo's of
the new stuff and it sounded good, still had the underlying slade drive. We
lost contact so I dont know what they are up to now, but I'm sure they are
kicking butt whatever they are doing.

> Must get myself another copy of Slade Alive. Lost my copy decades ago...

Me too!

From: BobF on
On 5/4/2010 10:42 AM, Martin Holmes wrote:
> Bob Donald wrote:
>
>> P.S. Dave Hill used to be a buddy of mine, nice to see that he was an
>> influence of yours :) He never really got the credit he deserved as a
>> guitar player or writer, at least here in the states.
>
> He had such a monster sound. I always thought Slade were under-rated as
> a rock band. The Slade Alive album was amazing. I think the novelty
> aspect of some of their later records, and the appearance of the band,
> meant that they didn't really get taken seriously as musicians.
>
> I wonder what Dave Hill is doing now? Noddy Holder shows up acting in
> Coronation Street once in a while!
>
> Must get myself another copy of Slade Alive. Lost my copy decades ago...
>
> Cheers,
> Martin
>
> --- news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: news(a)netfront.net ---

Speaking of bands from decades ago, I always liked this band ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gypsy_(band)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDp3uhkzjMI

From: Ted Perlman on
< but prefer Reaper for it's robust audio engine, and incredible routing>

I found it very user-unfriendly. Plus it affected performance of other sound
programs in my system. That's not supposed to happen.

--
Regards,

Ted Perlman
www.tedperlman.com
www.myspace.com/tedperlman
www.facebook.com/ted.perlman

From: Ted Perlman on
<Bottom line is to use what gets the job done quickly without losing any
quality, and that will vary from one
person to another>

Exactly! For me it's either Nuendo, Logic, or Pro Tools. For you it's Sonar
and Reaper.

For Joey ? it's Cakewalk 3 DOS or C Lab Notator :-)

--
Regards,

Ted Perlman
www.tedperlman.com