From: Michael Fanning on
Hi Martin, I am on the Sonar bandwagon. I am presently evaluating Reaper
running it in Vista X64. I like its look and the audio engine seems more
efficient than Sonar. But, Sonar 8.5 has many midi editing features I use
which seem to be absent in Reaper. Maybe it has them but I haven't had the
time to find them. As time goes on I hope to learn more about all the things
Reaper can do.

I have a question for Reaper experts, is there a midi plug-in equivalent of
Cakewalk's midi filter? I use the midi filter plug-in in the track bin and
occasionally on separate midi clips for things like transposing, filtering
notes and cc controls.

M.F.
http://www.soundclick.com/michaelfanning

From: Ted Perlman on
<He doesn't get along with computers very well, so he bought the Tascam
8-track digital portastudio, which is a computer that's
disguised as an analog old school recorder.>

Smart man that Joey!

Who here 'gets along with computers'? :-)

--
Regards,

Ted Perlman
www.tedperlman.com
www.myspace.com/tedperlman
www.facebook.com/ted.perlman

From: Michael Fanning on
Thanks Glennbo for that info. After a quick check it looks like that does
some of the things I want. Not sure about a note filter useful for those
recordings that I want to copy onto a bass track and filter out treble
notes. Don't have time to fully explore that now. Got some overtime at
work to do the rest of the week. It'll be the weekend before I can get back
to it. Thanks!

From: Ted Perlman on
<I always thought Slade were under-rated as a rock band>

My wife PEGGI BLU sang backgrounds on one of their albums many years ago. I
was so impressed - she said they were cool to work with.

From: kitekrazy on
On 5/5/2010 3:47 PM, Ted Perlman wrote:
> <He doesn't get along with computers very well, so he bought the Tascam
> 8-track digital portastudio, which is a computer that's
> disguised as an analog old school recorder.>
>
> Smart man that Joey!
>
> Who here 'gets along with computers'? :-)

I've had less problems since I switch all machines to W7x64. Most of my
hardware is considered outdated (anything over 6 mos. is these days)but
hardware these days outpace software and OS.

Reaper is the only app I have that has plugin stability with 64, 32 bit
apps.

I'm learning Ableton Live. It's unique in some ways but as for a
sequencer it can't touch Sonar.
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Prev: PC for Recording TV