From: Peter James on
A month or so ago, I downloaded a small program from Radio 4 called
r4.ram that enabled me to play R4 as when I wished. Now it no longer
works, and I'm not able to find it on the BBC site.
Can anyone advise. thanks,

--
He spoke with a certain what-is-it in his voice, and I
could see that, if not actually disgruntled, he was far
From: Jaimie Vandenbergh on
On Mon, 2 Nov 2009 19:23:37 +0000, pfjames2000(a)googlemail.com (Peter
James) wrote:

>A month or so ago, I downloaded a small program from Radio 4 called
>r4.ram that enabled me to play R4 as when I wished. Now it no longer
>works, and I'm not able to find it on the BBC site.
>Can anyone advise. thanks,

..ram is RealPlayer, yes?

I suspect that the BBC have finally got around to turning off the old
RealPlayer-compatible streams, now that iPlayer works.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/bbc_radio_fourfm

Cheers - Jaimie
--
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us
as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching
From: Dorian Gray on
In article <1j8kj3t.1w5px5q1fv8czjN%pfjames2000(a)googlemail.com>,
pfjames2000(a)googlemail.com (Peter James) wrote:

> A month or so ago, I downloaded a small program from Radio 4 called
> r4.ram that enabled me to play R4 as when I wished. Now it no longer
> works, and I'm not able to find it on the BBC site.
> Can anyone advise. thanks,

Well, you can choose programmes or listen live here:
<http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/>
or you can find it on the iPlayer website.
From: Mark Bestley on
Dorian Gray <D.Gray(a)picture.invalid> wrote:

> In article <1j8kj3t.1w5px5q1fv8czjN%pfjames2000(a)googlemail.com>,
> pfjames2000(a)googlemail.com (Peter James) wrote:
>
> > A month or so ago, I downloaded a small program from Radio 4 called
> > r4.ram that enabled me to play R4 as when I wished. Now it no longer
> > works, and I'm not able to find it on the BBC site.
> > Can anyone advise. thanks,
>
> Well, you can choose programmes or listen live here:
> <http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/>
> or you can find it on the iPlayer website.

If you want to run that in a different process to your browser you can
produce an app using Fluid <http://fluidapp.com/>

--
Mark
From: Jim on
Peter James <pfjames2000(a)googlemail.com> wrote:

> A month or so ago, I downloaded a small program from Radio 4 called
> r4.ram that enabled me to play R4 as when I wished. Now it no longer
> works, and I'm not able to find it on the BBC site.
> Can anyone advise. thanks,

The BBC are no longer using Real Player streams.

You might find this Dashboard widget useful:

<http://www.phantomgorilla.com/widgets/bbcradio/>

I use it to stream BBC Radio Scotland and it works a treat. Recently
updated to cope with tghe change from Real to Flash.

Jim
--
http://www.ursaMinorBeta.co.uk http://twitter.com/GreyAreaUK
Please help save Bletchley Park - sign the petition for