From: David Kaye on
"David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote:

>I wouldn't suggest a CD. It is Read-Only media.
>
>Use a Flash Drive. It can hold the anount of a DVD or more and it is
>Random-Ream/Random-Write so you can update/replace utilities at-will.

Nope, I suggest a CD. I infected a flash drive with malware from a customer's
computer and accidentally installed the malware on another client's computer.
It was horrific.

It doesn't matter if the flash drive is "read only", well-written malware can
get past that.

From: David H. Lipman on
From: "David Kaye" <sfdavidkaye2(a)yahoo.com>

| "David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote:

>>I wouldn't suggest a CD. It is Read-Only media.

>>Use a Flash Drive. It can hold the anount of a DVD or more and it is
>>Random-Ream/Random-Write so you can update/replace utilities at-will.

| Nope, I suggest a CD. I infected a flash drive with malware from a customer's
| computer and accidentally installed the malware on another client's computer.
| It was horrific.

| It doesn't matter if the flash drive is "read only", well-written malware can
| get past that.

If a switch on a flash drive is set to RO (assuming there is a hardware switch), no
malware can write to it.

--
Dave

From: Whoever on
"David H. Lipman" <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote in
> From: "Tim Murray" <no-spam(a)thankyou.com>
>
>| David H. Lipman wrote:
>
>>> I wouldn't suggest a CD. It is Read-Only media.
>
>>> Use a Flash Drive. It can hold the anount of a DVD or more and it is
>>> Random-Ream/Random-Write so you can update/replace utilities at-will.
>
>| Yeah, but I was concerned about a flash drive being infected, too.
>
> There are flash drives with a switch that makes them Read-Only.

That's how I carry them but the OP seemed to be doing a one-time only type
of operation. In a case like that, a CD-R makes more sense. Especially
since finding flash drives with physical write-protect switches is becoming
more difficult these days.

--
Don't bother trying to
contact me via email.