From: Maver1ck666 on
I have a project which i am using as a schedule to monitor all the systems I
develop.

The schedule looks like this:

Project #1 (outline level 2) User Review Next
Review Overdue
Change request #1 (outline level 3) 01/10/2009 01/01/2010
False
Change request #2
Documentation (outline level 4)
Planning
Development
Project #2 01/10/2009
01/01/2010 False
Project #3 01/06/2009
01/09/2009 True

[User Review] is set as a date field.

[Next Review] has the formulae:

IIf([UserReview]=Null,Null,dateadd("m",3,[UserReview]))

[Overdue] has the formulae:

IIf([Date3]<Date(),"True",IIf([Date3]="NA","False","False"))

Right then, I have a number of problems with this layout/format im hoping
you can help with please.

1) Is there a way I could have the 3 columns on the right only apply to the
outline level 2 entries? At the moment, the data appear for all rows which is
confusing as those columns only apply to the actual system entry.

2) The [Next Review] column shows #ERROR if the [User Review] date has not
been changed from the default NA. Is there any way around this?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Kind regards,
Mav
From: Andrew Lavinsky on
If I follow (and I am not entirely sure I do), have you tried:

> 1) Is there a way I could have the 3 columns on the right only apply
> to the outline level 2 entries? At the moment, the data appear for all
> rows which is confusing as those columns only apply to the actual
> system entry.

Filtering on the Outline Level field using an IIF statement?

> 2) The [Next Review] column shows #ERROR if the [User Review] date has
> not been changed from the default NA. Is there any way around this?

IIf([Date3]<Date(),"True",IIf([Date3]=ProjDateValue("NA"),"True","False"))
- assuming it's a text field.

From: Maver1ck666 on
Thanks for the response Andrew.

1) How would I do that (sorry, Im reletively new to Project)

2) Which column would you add the formula to? I added it to the NextReview
field but it wiped out the results and remained as #ERROR.

Kind regards,
Mav

From: Maver1ck666 on
Sorry, forgot to mention the User Review and Next Review columns are both
date fields.

From: Rob Schneider on
Maverlck666,

The IIF function would be in a new filter: Menu: Project/Filtered
For/More Filters, and press "New" button to create a new filter. There
is a "help" button on that dialogue box which should be useful for you
to read.

The ERROR return simply means there is a bug in the formula. Just have
to work through it. Do that by simplifying. Do pieces of the equation
at a time.

--rms

www.rmschneider.com