From: FlowerPot on

> It's a list of x,y,z values of points on a surface. The coordinates were
> obtained by a 3D digitizer.

Top should stop answering questions with more questions.

XYZ data can be input directly if you have Premium, which includes
ScanTo3D, it comes in as a point cloud. You can use ScanTo3D to make it
into a surface.

Daisy

From: Muz on
FlowerPot wrote:

>> It's a list of x,y,z values of points on a surface. The coordinates
>> were obtained by a 3D digitizer.
>
> Top should stop answering questions with more questions.
>
> XYZ data can be input directly if you have Premium, which includes
> ScanTo3D, it comes in as a point cloud. You can use ScanTo3D to make it
> into a surface.
>
> Daisy

I have the student version. Is there a work around in a form of an
add-in I can write?

From: Muz on
TOP wrote:
> How many points do you have? What type of surface?
>
> TOP

Around 100 points. We currently digitizing the epicardial surface of the
ventricles.

Muz
From: Phil Evans on
I believe Rhino will import cloud data and create a surface.

Rhino used to be downloadable as a trial.

Export the surface to Solidworks as an Iges file.

Not the Solidworks answer you wanted but a workaround.

Posted with NewsLeecher v1.0 Final
* Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy
* http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet

From: Cliff on
On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 09:20:31 -0400, Muz <zviman(a)jhu.edu> wrote:

>FlowerPot wrote:
>>
>>> It's a list of x,y,z values of points on a surface. The coordinates
>>> were obtained by a 3D digitizer.
>>
>> Top should stop answering questions with more questions.
>>
>> XYZ data can be input directly if you have Premium, which includes
>> ScanTo3D, it comes in as a point cloud. You can use ScanTo3D to make it
>> into a surface.
>>
>> Daisy
>>
>I have the student version. Is there a work around in a form of an
>add-in I can write?

You only have 100 points. Enter them manually.
check for typos & transpositions.
You could have been done by now.
--
Cliff