From: bea17 on

I have a huge file of tasks, some outdated, in my outlook. I want to
keep those tasks so that I can search for things should I need them,
however I do not need them all to sync to my handheld (this is
overwhelming and slows down my phone). I want to move all the old tasks
into a different folder, and have that folder NOT sync to my handheld.

So, my question is, how can I sync only selected folders of tasks to my
handheld?

I am using Office 2007 on a Windows XP system, and I use ActiveSync.

Thank you!

--
bea17
From: Judy Gleeson (MVP Outlook) on
Move the old tasks to a Task folder outside of your mailbox. For example
into a Tasks folder in your Archive.pst folder. Just make a Tasks folder to
drag them into.

Regards

Judy Gleeson
MVP Outlook

in Canberra, Australia

..

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"bea17" <bea17.60008e4(a)outlookbanter.com> wrote in message

> I have a huge file of tasks, some outdated, in my outlook. I want to
> keep those tasks so that I can search for things should I need them,
> however I do not need them all to sync to my handheld (this is
> overwhelming and slows down my phone). I want to move all the old tasks
> into a different folder, and have that folder NOT sync to my handheld.
>
> So, my question is, how can I sync only selected folders of tasks to my
> handheld?
>
> I am using Office 2007 on a Windows XP system, and I use ActiveSync.

Create another folder with any name you like except Tasks. Create it to hold
Task items. It can be in your mailbox or a PST. Move to it the tasks you
don't want synched. ActiveSync will sync only the default folders. For
tasks, that's only the folder named Tasks.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: bea17 on

I have already made other folders, and it syncs ALL of the folders and I
cannot find a way to select only the folders I want to sync.

--
bea17
From: Judy Gleeson (MVP Outlook) on
did you make the folders where I suggested - outside of your primary storage
folder, in an archive or personal folder?

--

Regards

Judy Gleeson
MVP Outlook