From: Thomas (Tom) Skoropad on
First of all thanks to John H Meyer's for his help. I've finally
removed Eudora 5.2 and clean installed version 7. No problems all is
working well, files intact.
Question now is about syncing files across 2 networked computers.
Have Microsoft Sync Toy.
Any hints/pitfalls I should be aware of.
Thanks in advance,
Tom
From: Stan Bischof on
"Thomas (Tom) Skoropad" <teskor(a)tbaytel.net> wrote:
> First of all thanks to John H Meyer's for his help. I've finally
> removed Eudora 5.2 and clean installed version 7. No problems all is
> working well, files intact.
> Question now is about syncing files across 2 networked computers.
> Have Microsoft Sync Toy.
> Any hints/pitfalls I should be aware of.
> Thanks in advance,
> Tom

Best way to proceed with networked files is to have the files
in exactly one place- on a "server". Then work on the files
in place. Exception would of course be for a laptop since then
you need a mobile copy, but your query doesn't sound like
this is needed.

Hence my suggestion would be to not sync, but rather keep
exactly one copy of your work.

Stan
From: Thomas (Tom) Skoropad on
Ooops, I should have clarified. 2nd computer is a laptop so a mobile
copy is necessary.

Tom

www.teskordesign.ca
From: Zaidy036 on
In article <ch0oq5ps1bc2uo9quemeslh5pg8jri8bcc(a)4ax.com>, teskor(a)tbaytel.net
says...

> First of all thanks to John H Meyer's for his help. I've finally
> removed Eudora 5.2 and clean installed version 7. No problems all is
> working well, files intact.
> Question now is about syncing files across 2 networked computers.
> Have Microsoft Sync Toy.
> Any hints/pitfalls I should be aware of.
> Thanks in advance,
> Tom

I do this by using the exact same Eudora Version and the same path to the
Eudora data folder on both my Win 7 64 bit desktop and my Win XP laptop.

Then you may copy the entire Eudora data folder from one PC to the other to
keep them synced. I use the D/T at home and the L/T for travel and do the copy
before to the L/T before leaving home and then back to the D/T after return.

Eric
From: pyotr filipivich on
Let the Record show that Zaidy036 <Zaidy036NOSPAM(a)optonline.net> on or
about Fri, 26 Mar 2010 11:27:50 -0400 did write/type or cause to
appear in comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows the following:
>In article <ch0oq5ps1bc2uo9quemeslh5pg8jri8bcc(a)4ax.com>, teskor(a)tbaytel.net
>says...
>>
>> First of all thanks to John H Meyer's for his help. I've finally
>> removed Eudora 5.2 and clean installed version 7. No problems all is
>> working well, files intact.
>> Question now is about syncing files across 2 networked computers.
>> Have Microsoft Sync Toy.
>> Any hints/pitfalls I should be aware of.
>> Thanks in advance,
>> Tom
>
>I do this by using the exact same Eudora Version and the same path to the
>Eudora data folder on both my Win 7 64 bit desktop and my Win XP laptop.
>
>Then you may copy the entire Eudora data folder from one PC to the other to
>keep them synced. I use the D/T at home and the L/T for travel and do the copy
>before to the L/T before leaving home and then back to the D/T after return.

I have just discovered RoboCopy.exe (available as part of the
Windows Developer Kit). It lets you do massive copies "easily" - and
because it is such a flexible and powerful program, it can really
screw things up. Way cool.
Anyway, one option is to Mirror the source files and directories
on the destination - meaning as well, that files not on the source,
are deleted off the destination. Not good for all backups - but it
will make your two systems the same - even if you did not want it that
way B-) (Like UNIX, it is user friendly - it is also picky about with
whom it is friendly" But it includes a written manual (a DOC file) so
you can try and work out how to do what you want to do.)
Other options allow you to exclude file or directories, copy only
files newer in the source than the destination, copy over the
attributes, plus cool options, copy over the files which are not on
the destination (I used to use xcopy, but click "no" forty eleben
zillion times because I don't want to overwrite _all_ of the files was
"sub optimal".)

pyotr
-
pyotr filipivich
The contents of this .signature is fictitious. No similarity to actual
.signatures, digital or hardcopy, is intended or should be inferred.