From: Ian on
It looks as if support for the Huawei E220 is going to stay broken.
Time, therefore, to change dongle. The ZTE MF627 is now working well
with 3 ... but T-Mobile don't do it. Can anyone recommend a current T-
Mobile dongle which works with Ubuntu?

Ian
From: crn on
Ian <ian.groups(a)btinternet.com> wrote:
> It looks as if support for the Huawei E220 is going to stay broken.
> Time, therefore, to change dongle. The ZTE MF627 is now working well
> with 3 ... but T-Mobile don't do it. Can anyone recommend a current T-
> Mobile dongle which works with Ubuntu?

Swap the T-Mobile SIM into the ZTE.

From: Ian on
On 22 May, 10:46, c...(a)NOSPAM.netunix.com wrote:
> Ian <ian.gro...(a)btinternet.com> wrote:
> > It looks as if support for the Huawei E220 is going to stay broken.
> > Time, therefore, to change dongle. The ZTE MF627 is now working well
> > with 3 ... but T-Mobile don't do it. Can anyone recommend a current T-
> > Mobile dongle which works with Ubuntu?
>
> Swap the T-Mobile SIM into the ZTE.

(a) It's locked and

(b) I use the ZTE elsewhere

Ian
From: Backpacker on
Ian wrote:

> It looks as if support for the Huawei E220 is going to stay broken.

When did it break? I was using it in 9.10 on my Wind-clone netbook. I say
"was" because I reverted to 9.04 for various reasons.

--
Backpacker

From: Ian on
On 23 May, 01:25, Backpacker <Backpac...(a)rekcapkcaB.invalid.org>
wrote:
> Ian wrote:
> > It looks as if support for the Huawei E220 is going to stay broken.
>
> When did it break? I was using it in 9.10 on my Wind-clone netbook. I say
> "was" because I reverted to 9.04 for various reasons.

It broke in 9.10. As far as I can tell, original E220's didn't quite
conform to USB standards for switching from mass storage to modem. In
9.04 the rules coped with this: by 9.10 some sanctimonious git
somewhere had come over all snotty about the non-compliance and
deliberately removed the rules.

There were some work-arounds in circulation, but reports of their
success are mixed, to put it mildly. I simply reverted my laptop to
9.04 which is where it stays until I can get a dongle which works on T-
Mobile without frigging around.

Ian