From: Joseph M. Newcomer on
Isn't that the one where "this code has a bug in it, or not, but until you look at it, it
exists in a state where it both has and doesn't have bugs. When you look at it, the
probability wave collapses and you either have code with a bug or without a bug"

Sort of like a recent thread of posts about someone whose code was perfect until
inspected...
joe

On Thu, 17 Jun 2010 23:41:17 +0200, Giovanni Dicanio
<giovanniDOTdicanio(a)REMOVEMEgmail.com> wrote:

>On 17/06/2010 17:50, David Webber wrote:
>
>> The thing about rocket science is that it isn't really rocket science
>> you know :-) CMFCToolBar - now *that's* rocket science! At least today
>> it is, and the rocket is pointing at my feet :-(
>
>If you can figure out Schrodinger's equation and quantum mechanics you
>can figure out MFC classes of course :)
>
>Giovanni
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer(a)flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
From: Giovanni Dicanio on
On 18/06/2010 16:09, Joseph M. Newcomer wrote:

> Sort of like a recent thread of posts about someone whose code was perfect until
> inspected...

Yes, Joe: the Heisenbug!

:)

Giovanni
From: Joseph M. Newcomer on
Actually, that term is a misnomer; it refers to a specific situation where, when you go to
inspect the bug (with the debugger) the bug is gone, and when you run without the
debugger, the bug appears. Since it is completely deterministic in this regard,the
well-established use of "Heisenbug" is actually incorrect. The probability wave has
collapsed.
joe

On Fri, 18 Jun 2010 20:06:47 +0200, Giovanni Dicanio

From: David Webber on

"Giovanni Dicanio" <giovanniDOTdicanio(a)REMOVEMEgmail.com> wrote in message
> On 17/06/2010 17:50, David Webber wrote:
>
>> The thing about rocket science is that it isn't really rocket science
>> you know :-) CMFCToolBar - now *that's* rocket science! At least today
>> it is, and the rocket is pointing at my feet :-(
>
> If you can figure out Schrodinger's equation and quantum mechanics you can
> figure out MFC classes of course :)

You know where you are with Quantum Mechanics. Well, either that or how
fast you're going. :-)

The point is that there's DOCUMENTATION for Schroedinger's Equation and
Quantum Mechanics. These new CMFC.... classes don't seem to have any.

I now have a dozen or so working CMFCToolBar toolbars - at least working in
the sense I can customise them. (I haven't plugged the command handlers in
yet.) But I have more questions the further I get into them. I'll ask
another when I get frustrated enough.

Dave
--
David Webber
Mozart Music Software

From: Joseph M. Newcomer on
WHAT!!!! You expect DOCUMENTATION????

Don't you know about the New Standard for Documentation?

"We don't DO no stinkin' documentation!"

joe