From: Microsoft Newsgroups on
Using Front Page 2002. Working with tables. When I split a row into
multiple columns, then try to change the width of the various new cells in
the row, it often affects the width of cells in the next row(s). What to
do? Thanks

Earl Kiosterud

From: Ronx on
That is how tables work. Adjust the width of a column in one row, and all
the rows will be affected.
One solution, probably the easiest, is to use nested tables - create a table
with one column and several rows. Then add a table with the cell layout you
need in each row.

Another solution is to split every cell into several cells, and merge on
each row as required. This will be messy and a nightmare to maintain.

The best way is to start again using modern methods - floats, margins and
padding. Look these up in the CSS tutorials at http://www.w3schools.com
--
Ron Symonds
Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)