From: ebloch on
Sorry, but the way you described it I thought that you meant the "Quick
Launch" part of the Bar for when you start Eudora.

If you have the RAM and want to run two Eudora at the same time then install
a second Eudora as Eudora2 and then you will be able to choose a different
icon since there are two icons in the exe file.

Eric

From: John H Meyers on
On Wed, 26 Aug 2009 13:59:40 -0500, eric bloch wrote:

> If you have the RAM and want to run two Eudora at the same time then install
> a second Eudora as Eudora2 and then you will be able to choose a different
> icon since there are two icons in the exe file.

How would you "choose a different icon" for Eudora.exe
to display in its taskbar button?

Choosing different icons for a _shortcut_
affects only the icon displayed for the shortcut itself,
not the icon on the taskbar for the running program.

If the icon comes from file "EudoraRes.dll"
then you would need two of those (to edit one of them),
in two separate complete installations of Eudora.

Not likely worth the effort.

From: rmo555 on
On Wed, 26 Aug 2009 14:26:24 -0500, "John H Meyers"
<jhmeyers(a)nomail.invalid> wrote:

>On Wed, 26 Aug 2009 13:59:40 -0500, eric bloch wrote:
>
>> If you have the RAM and want to run two Eudora at the same time then install
>> a second Eudora as Eudora2 and then you will be able to choose a different
>> icon since there are two icons in the exe file.
>
>How would you "choose a different icon" for Eudora.exe
>to display in its taskbar button?
>
>Choosing different icons for a _shortcut_
>affects only the icon displayed for the shortcut itself,
>not the icon on the taskbar for the running program.
>
>If the icon comes from file "EudoraRes.dll"
>then you would need two of those (to edit one of them),
>in two separate complete installations of Eudora.
>
>Not likely worth the effort.

I agree! Hi!! Was away fro a day. Port 587 works with Eudora for
incoming and outgoing email from a remote location. If not for you, I
never would have known this could work. While I was away, I called COX
and asked if I could do the same with the news server - but they said
no. So, while I'm in a remote place, is there a way I can access other
servers so I can stay in touch with the newsgroups? Thank again.
From: Steve Urbach on
On Wed, 26 Aug 2009 22:09:15 -0400, rmo555(a)cox.net wrote:

>On Wed, 26 Aug 2009 14:26:24 -0500, "John H Meyers"
><jhmeyers(a)nomail.invalid> wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 26 Aug 2009 13:59:40 -0500, eric bloch wrote:
>>
>>> If you have the RAM and want to run two Eudora at the same time then install
>>> a second Eudora as Eudora2 and then you will be able to choose a different
>>> icon since there are two icons in the exe file.
>>
>>How would you "choose a different icon" for Eudora.exe
>>to display in its taskbar button?
>>
>>Choosing different icons for a _shortcut_
>>affects only the icon displayed for the shortcut itself,
>>not the icon on the taskbar for the running program.
>>
>>If the icon comes from file "EudoraRes.dll"
>>then you would need two of those (to edit one of them),
>>in two separate complete installations of Eudora.
>>
>>Not likely worth the effort.
>
>I agree! Hi!! Was away fro a day. Port 587 works with Eudora for
>incoming and outgoing email from a remote location. If not for you, I
>never would have known this could work. While I was away, I called COX
>and asked if I could do the same with the news server - but they said
>no. So, while I'm in a remote place, is there a way I can access other
>servers so I can stay in touch with the newsgroups? Thank again.
Depends on the groups you follow. :)
Text only has lots of options.
Does Cox give you any dial up time? Text news on dial up is passable :/
All you need is a "local" Cox number to logon to with you username and
password.

You could also VNC/Remote desktop to your home machine

Binary group servers tend to be "for fee"
From: John H Meyers on
On Wed, 26 Aug 2009 21:09:15 -0500:

> While I was away, I called COX and asked if I could do the same
> with the news server - but they said no.

Does "do the same" mean to use Cox' news server while traveling?

If they use no login, but instead rely for "authentication"
on detecting that your connection comes from their own network,
then I guess you can't bring their network along with you,
despite those TV ads from an unrelated cell phone network
which shows a huge crowd of their people
following you everywhere :)

> So, while I'm in a remote place, is there a way I can access other
> servers so I can stay in touch with the newsgroups?

The simplest of all is access
via "Google Groups" web site (beware of prejudices :)
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.mail.eudora.ms-windows

You could also subscribe to a paid or free "login" news server,
to use with your "Forte Agent" program,
and accessible from anywhere, e.g.

http://news.individual.net/ (from where I am posting)

http://www.eternal-september.org/ (formerly "motzarella.org")