From: MaryL on
I have a consistent problem with being unable to email large items. Eudora
warns me that it is large, then when I try to email, I will an error message
such as this:
<Dominant", 1 messages left to sent,. [02:50:30 PM]
Error reading from network Cause: Connection closed ;by foreign host.
(0)

Other people are able to send the same messages to me, and I can open them
with no problem. Likewise, I can send the same messages (same computer) by
using Yahoo, and they go through with no difficulty.

Some of these messages are photos, a few are messages that I have tried to
forward, and the most important ones are the newsletters that I prepare for
our church. It has become impossible to send them unless I go to Yahoo.

I am using SuddenLink. Their technician has been to my home twice and has
not located any problem. When I call SuddenLink for telephone support, they
can "ping" correctly.

After I receive the error message when trying to send a message, I
frequently lost Internet connection. It will then say "Local access only"
instead of "Local and Internet" access. This problem occurs *only* when I
am using Eudora. Incidentally, I have a new computer, monitor, and
keyboard. This problem existed *before* I got the new computer system and
has continued since I got the new setup.

Can anyone help? I want to continue using Eudora, but this is impossible.
Is there some setting that I need to change?

I am using Eudora 7.1.0.9 (paid version) and Vista Home Premium.

Thanks,
MaryL

From: Jim Thompson on
On Sun, 21 Dec 2008 23:23:53 -0600, "MaryL"
<stancole1(a)yahoo.comTAKE-OUT-THE-LITTER> wrote:

>I have a consistent problem with being unable to email large items. Eudora
>warns me that it is large, then when I try to email, I will an error message
>such as this:
><Dominant", 1 messages left to sent,. [02:50:30 PM]
>Error reading from network Cause: Connection closed ;by foreign host.
>(0)
>
>Other people are able to send the same messages to me, and I can open them
>with no problem. Likewise, I can send the same messages (same computer) by
>using Yahoo, and they go through with no difficulty.
>
>Some of these messages are photos, a few are messages that I have tried to
>forward, and the most important ones are the newsletters that I prepare for
>our church. It has become impossible to send them unless I go to Yahoo.
>
>I am using SuddenLink. Their technician has been to my home twice and has
>not located any problem. When I call SuddenLink for telephone support, they
>can "ping" correctly.
>
>After I receive the error message when trying to send a message, I
>frequently lost Internet connection. It will then say "Local access only"
>instead of "Local and Internet" access. This problem occurs *only* when I
>am using Eudora. Incidentally, I have a new computer, monitor, and
>keyboard. This problem existed *before* I got the new computer system and
>has continued since I got the new setup.
>
>Can anyone help? I want to continue using Eudora, but this is impossible.
>Is there some setting that I need to change?
>
>I am using Eudora 7.1.0.9 (paid version) and Vista Home Premium.
>
>Thanks,
>MaryL

"Large" is how big?

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

I love to cook with wine Sometimes I even put it in the food
From: MaryL on

"Jim Thompson" <To-Email-Use-The-Envelope-Icon(a)My-Web-Site.com> wrote in
message news:a330l4lbqqceh6cmf340m84v4aed7qcj9n(a)4ax.com...
> On Sun, 21 Dec 2008 23:23:53 -0600, "MaryL"
> <stancole1(a)yahoo.comTAKE-OUT-THE-LITTER> wrote:
>
>>I have a consistent problem with being unable to email large items.
>>Eudora
>>warns me that it is large, then when I try to email, I will an error
>>message
>>such as this:
>><Dominant", 1 messages left to sent,. [02:50:30 PM]
>>Error reading from network Cause: Connection closed ;by foreign host.
>>(0)
>>
>>Other people are able to send the same messages to me, and I can open them
>>with no problem. Likewise, I can send the same messages (same computer)
>>by
>>using Yahoo, and they go through with no difficulty.
>>
>>Some of these messages are photos, a few are messages that I have tried to
>>forward, and the most important ones are the newsletters that I prepare
>>for
>>our church. It has become impossible to send them unless I go to Yahoo.
>>
>>I am using SuddenLink. Their technician has been to my home twice and has
>>not located any problem. When I call SuddenLink for telephone support,
>>they
>>can "ping" correctly.
>>
>>After I receive the error message when trying to send a message, I
>>frequently lost Internet connection. It will then say "Local access only"
>>instead of "Local and Internet" access. This problem occurs *only* when I
>>am using Eudora. Incidentally, I have a new computer, monitor, and
>>keyboard. This problem existed *before* I got the new computer system and
>>has continued since I got the new setup.
>>
>>Can anyone help? I want to continue using Eudora, but this is impossible.
>>Is there some setting that I need to change?
>>
>>I am using Eudora 7.1.0.9 (paid version) and Vista Home Premium.
>>
>>Thanks,
>>MaryL
>
> "Large" is how big?
>
> ...Jim Thompson
> --
> | James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
> | Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |
> | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus |
> | Phoenix, Arizona 85048 Skype: Contacts Only | |
> | Voice:(480)460-2350 Fax: Available upon request | Brass Rat |
> | E-mail Icon at http://www.analog-innovations.com | 1962 |
>
> I love to cook with wine Sometimes I even put it in the food

There's a lot of variation in the actual messages that have created this
problem. The last church newsletter was 3.46MB. It has text, a scanned
image, some clipart, and several pictures. I tried four times, then finally
gave up and sent it from Yahoo -- no problem there. My photos average about
4,000KB. It has become impossible if I try to send 3 or 4 of them as
attachments. I frequently receive video files from friends (from places
like YouTube). I usually cannot forward them from Eudora, but I can from
Yahoo.

MaryL

From: John H Meyers on
On Sun, 21 Dec 2008 23:23:53 -0600, MaryL wrote:

> I have a consistent problem with being unable to email large items.

> Error reading from network, Cause: Connection closed by foreign host.

> Incidentally, I have a new computer...
> This problem existed *before* I got the new computer system
> and has continued since I got the new setup.

Most likely due to something that changed just before the problem began,
in hardware, network, software, new "security suite" etc.
(disabling all direct email scanning is best for Eudora,
whose every message and every attachment is already stored
into an individual file, where it is already scanned anyway).

If you do "Start" "Run" and type "devmgmt.msc" (Device Manager),
then expand "Network adapters," which exact model(s) do you have?

Right-click the one in use, then "Properties" "Advanced"

What's the value of "Checksum offload" (or similar),
and "Large send offload" (or similar)?

What is new computer CPU, speed, memory (RAM)?

From: MaryL on

"John H Meyers" <jhmeyers(a)nomail.invalid> wrote in message
> On Sun, 21 Dec 2008 23:23:53 -0600, MaryL wrote:
>
>> I have a consistent problem with being unable to email large items.
>
>> Error reading from network, Cause: Connection closed by foreign host.
>
>> Incidentally, I have a new computer...
>> This problem existed *before* I got the new computer system
>> and has continued since I got the new setup.
>
> Most likely due to something that changed just before the problem began,
> in hardware, network, software, new "security suite" etc.
> (disabling all direct email scanning is best for Eudora,
> whose every message and every attachment is already stored
> into an individual file, where it is already scanned anyway).

I am using TrendMicro. I was using AVG Free when the problem began. I do
have TrendMicro set to scan both incoming and outgoing email. I could turn
that off if you think that is the source of the problem.

> If you do "Start" "Run" and type "devmgmt.msc" (Device Manager),
> then expand "Network adapters," which exact model(s) do you have?

Intel(R) 8256V-2 10/100 Network Connection

> Right-click the one in use, then "Properties" "Advanced"
>
> What's the value of "Checksum offload" (or similar),
> and "Large send offload" (or similar)?

There is no "Checksum offload," and I don't see anything similar. I see
Large send offload v2 (IPv6) and also Large send offload v2 (IPv6).
However, I don't see any values. If I place the cursor over either one, I
simply see a description of their functions. What am I missing?

> What is new computer CPU, speed, memory (RAM)?

All of this started under my previous computer system and has continued with
the new system. That was a Compaq 8000. I bought the new system in January
2008. It is a Dell 530 Inspiron: 3GB, DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz, upgraded by
BestBuy technicians to 4GB (using KByte Memory Upgrade, two each of 1GB
PC5300 DDR2 DT, 240 pin desktop); 500GB SATA hard drive (7200 RPM).

I also have an HP w2408h widescreen color monitor, Logitech wireless mouse +
keyboard combo, LinkSys Wireless-G broadband router with SpeedBooster, model
#WRT54GS, APC Back-UPS 500 RS Series, and Zoom cable modem 5241. Two
printers (HP OaserJet 1200 and HP Photosmart C7280 All-in-One) are connected
to the computer.

Note: The problem began several months before I replaced the computer.
Everything except the LinkSys router was replaced when I bought the new
system. I am running Vista Home Premium.
> --

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: address book