From: invader on
> A lot of these things you bring up can be/are perceptive. What may be a
big
> deal to me is obviously not to you. It SOUNDS like you are trying to find
> reason NOT to buy Vista. (Not sure, just what it sounds like)

I already bought it, and I already upgraded to it, so that bridge has been
crossed. What I'm still trying to figure out is what benefit I have gained
from doing so. I've been using it for about three weeks now, and I can't
think of one significant way that it's made my life any easier. I can think
of numerous ways that it's made my life more difficult (mostly with UAC and
legacy program compability issues). I have friends and relatives (and even
customers) that ask my advice -- If I've missed something that is truely
important about this OS upgrade then I want to know about it, so I can keep
them properly informed.

I agree the repaint issue was worthy of improving. For me however, it doesn't
even rise to the level of a minor bullet item on my list of important
contributions that Vista makes.

Furthermore, I'm curious about Microsoft's reasons for switching from the GDI
to the DWM/GPU. Clearly there have to be more reasons than to eliminate
repaint delay and to allow transparency effects. It must have taken a huge
investment in man-hours to do this as the GDI was one of the key components
of the Windows OS. They must have bigger plans than what I've seen so far.

Posted using Android Newsgroup Downloader:
.... http://www.sb-software.com/android