From: D. Spencer Hines on
"Tearing" Has Not Been A Problem For Me.

But SPEED and RESOLUTION are important.

'Nuff Said.

DSH

From: invader on
> "Tearing" Has Not Been A Problem For Me.

That's because I think some people have confused tearing with repainting. I
have never noticed screen tearing in XP.

I have noticed repaint delay, mostly when I'm bored and goofing off. Bog the
system down and then drag something across a complicated window. Has this
ever been a 'problem' for me? Absolutely not. Did I notice that Vista doesn't
do it any more? Nope, didn't even notice. Maybe I haven't been bored enough
lately....

Posted using Android Newsgroup Downloader:
.... http://www.sb-software.com/android
From: Jeffrey S. Sparks on
I didn't notice it at first, but then it's not something you "look" for.
This is a kind of problem with xp you might not notice was fixed in Vista
until someone pointed it out to you. I find the fact that you don't care
they fixed and updated something interesting though...

Jeff

From: invader on
> I didn't notice it at first, but then it's not something you "look" for.
> This is a kind of problem with xp you might not notice was fixed in Vista
> until someone pointed it out to you. I find the fact that you don't care
> they fixed and updated something interesting though...

I agree it's good to fix things (service packs are nice). My thoughts are:

1) Tearing and/or Repaint delay was never a major problem with XP

2) The absence of tearing/repaint delay is not a 'major' benefit of Vista

3) There are fairly simple solutions to the problem

The problem we keep getting back to is the difficulty in determining those
ten significant reasons to upgrade from XP to Vista. I think it was Lang who
put the switch from GDI to the GPU as his #1 point on his list and that's
what kicked off my participation in this thread, and I'm still unclear as to
what benefits we have gained from the change.

From: Justin on
> The problem we keep getting back to is the difficulty in determining those
> ten significant reasons to upgrade from XP to Vista. I think it was Lang
> who
> put the switch from GDI to the GPU as his #1 point on his list and that's
> what kicked off my participation in this thread, and I'm still unclear as
> what benefits we have gained from the change.

What do other peoples perspective on what benefits them have to do with your
opinions with Vista?

If someone wants to spend top dollar on a new machine ONLY to obtain Vista,
ONLY to get rid of tearing then what's it to you?

You keep trying to address individual problems (tearing) as a top ten list
to upgrade to vista. There are already plenty of threads regarding that
topic. Why don't you go read them?