From: Savageduck on
On 2010-08-12 10:45:56 -0700, tony cooper <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> said:

> On Thu, 12 Aug 2010 07:54:11 -0400, Bowser <Canon(a)Nikon.Panny> wrote:
>
>> Rogues II is due on August 22nd, so you have ten days to create a self
>> portrait of yourself doing something other than photography or
>> trolling newsgroups. For more info, see the rulz page here:
>>
>> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage
>>

> How personal do you want these to be? I'm scheduled for a colonoscopy
> on Monday.

Don't forget to ask for the 8 x10 glossies. ;-)

I did that back in April. The prep is worse than the proceedure.

--
Regards,

Savageduck

From: Peter on
"tony cooper" <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> wrote in message
> On Thu, 12 Aug 2010 13:48:21 -0400, "Peter"
> <peternew(a)nospamoptonline.net> wrote:
>
>>"tony cooper" <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> wrote in message
>>

>>> How personal do you want these to be? I'm scheduled for a colonoscopy
>>> on Monday.
>>

>>Good luck.
> Thank you, but it's a routine 5-year follow-up to a bout of
> diverticulitis. I don't expect the procedure itself to be anything
> more than slightly uncomfortable. What I really don't look forward to
> is the day before and the effects of what must be taken to prepare me
> for the colonoscopy.

I went through the procedure last November. It was not the slightest bit
uncomfortable. (I was under anesthesia) The preparation is a real bear. Not
at all fun.

If we both used that for our shot, it would be difficult to tell who is who.

--
Peter

From: Savageduck on
On 2010-08-12 11:40:04 -0700, "Neil Harrington" <nobody(a)homehere.net> said:

> "tony cooper" <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> wrote in message
>> On Thu, 12 Aug 2010 13:48:21 -0400, "Peter"
>> <peternew(a)nospamoptonline.net> wrote:
>>
>>> "tony cooper" <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> wrote in message

>>> Good luck.
>> Thank you, but it's a routine 5-year follow-up to a bout of
>> diverticulitis. I don't expect the procedure itself to be anything
>> more than slightly uncomfortable. What I really don't look forward to
>> is the day before and the effects of what must be taken to prepare me
>> for the colonoscopy.
>
> Indeed, the prep is the only bad part nowadays. The procedure itself
> shouldn't even be "slightly uncomfortable." Most people pretty much sleep
> through it now.

Agreed.
After the sleepless night with the prep, I had no recollection of the
procedure. I just had a great nap, waking up in recovery wondering when
they were going to start.

--
Regards,

Savageduck

From: SneakyP on
Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote in

> On 2010-08-12 11:40:04 -0700, "Neil Harrington" <nobody(a)homehere.net>
> said:
>

>> "tony cooper" <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> wrote in message

I've had people ask me what I looked like and gave them a picture (It
wasn't what one would have expected).

>>> Thank you, but it's a routine 5-year follow-up to a bout of
>>> diverticulitis. I don't expect the procedure itself to be anything
>>> more than slightly uncomfortable. What I really don't look forward
>>> to is the day before and the effects of what must be taken to
>>> prepare me for the colonoscopy.

Either you are drinking two or three bottles of Magnesium citrate spaced
out by hourly 8oz clear drinks, or you have that full gallon of
propylene -reconstituted drink mixed with your favorite clear drink -
like Crystal Light Lemonade flavor. UGH.

>> Indeed, the prep is the only bad part nowadays. The procedure itself
>> shouldn't even be "slightly uncomfortable." Most people pretty much
>> sleep through it now.
>
> Agreed.
> After the sleepless night with the prep, I had no recollection of the
> procedure. I just had a great nap, waking up in recovery wondering
> when they were going to start.

I got the Propofol injection and a burning sensation in the arm for about
ohhh a few seconds and then my scenery changed to a darkened room where I
was asked if I was awake. I asked "Is it done yet?" to which was a yes
answer.

Fastest colonoscopy I've ever had (or so it seemed).

--
__
SneakyP

Supernews, if you get a complaint from a Jamie Baillie, please see:
http://www.canadianisp.ca/jamie_baillie.html
From: Bowser on

"tony cooper" <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> wrote in message
> On Thu, 12 Aug 2010 07:54:11 -0400, Bowser <Canon(a)Nikon.Panny> wrote:
>
>>Rogues II is due on August 22nd, so you have ten days to create a self
>>portrait of yourself doing something other than photography or
>>trolling newsgroups. For more info, see the rulz page here:
>>
>>http://www.pbase.com/shootin/rulzpage
>>

> How personal do you want these to be? I'm scheduled for a colonoscopy
> on Monday.

If you can get the shot, I'll post it. But if I remember correctly, you'll
be quite out of it during the procedure. It's the prep work the day before
that really sux.