From: Franz Berger on
Hello,

we want to check every morning if all Terminal Servers are Ready for
sessions.
perhaps there is a script or a tool that automatic initiate a rdp session.
sometimes we can reach server via ping but the rdp connections dont work.

thank you
franz
From: ToddAndMargo on
On 04/16/2010 05:06 PM, Franz Berger wrote:
> Hello,
>
> we want to check every morning if all Terminal Servers are Ready for
> sessions.
> perhaps there is a script or a tool that automatic initiate a rdp session.
> sometimes we can reach server via ping but the rdp connections dont work.
>
> thank you
> franz

Hi Franz,

You can run scripts (batch programs) as published
applications. Fire off one of these and have
the script write something to a network drive or
fire off an eMail or some tag that you can check for.
Then exit script, which will exit the RDP connection.

And, if you are having these problems, remember that
Windows is not a stable platform. It is a good
idea to reboot your Windows servers at least once
a day. I do mine in the middle of the night
when no one (should) be using them.

HTH,
-T