From: datel on
We have Terminal srvices Server 2003. We have CAL licences by device in
TSCC.MSC. Now we bought CAL licences by user.
Can we add this new licences in to this Terminal server?

Thank You
From: Rob Leitman [MSFT] on

"datel" <datel(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We have Terminal srvices Server 2003. We have CAL licences by device in
> TSCC.MSC. Now we bought CAL licences by user.
> Can we add this new licences in to this Terminal server?
>
> Thank You

You need to install a TS License Server, and then install the CALs there:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/823313

Rob

From: Hank Arnold on
Not that I'm aware.... You should contact the Clearing House and see
what your options are. I'm sure you can change the per user licenses to
per device.

Regards,
Hank Arnold
Microsoft MVP
Windows Server - Directory Services
http://it.toolbox.com/blogs/personal-pc-assistant/

From: Vera Noest on
Yes, technically, you can mix Per Device and Per User licenses on one
and the same Licensing Server. It's an administrative nightmare,
though, to keep track of how many licenses are used and needed.

You will also have to use your downgrade rights, because the licenses
you have purchased now are 2008 licenses, and your LS is running
2003.

Vera Noest
Remote Desktop Serives troubleshooting
http://ts.veranoest.net

=?Utf-8?B?ZGF0ZWw=?= <datel(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote on 01
apr 2010 in microsoft.public.windows.terminal_services: