From: Aragorn on
On Tuesday 29 June 2010 05:27 in comp.os.linux.setup, somebody
identifying as Bit Twister wrote...

> On Tue, 29 Jun 2010 02:53:53 +0200, Frank Steinmetzger wrote:
>> Bit Twister wrote:
>>
>>> For odd punctuation marks seen at end of text, you might look at
>>> http://community.the-underdogs.org/smiley/gallery.htm
>>
>> -> 404
>
> Thanks for the heads up. Changed it to
>
> http://www.angelfire.com/hi/hahakiam/emoticon.html

Apparently that site has been hijacked. It shows the original page for
about a quarter of a second, and then loads *this* one:

http://www.sedoparking.com/ceepersonals.com

--
*Aragorn*
(registered GNU/Linux user #223157)
From: Bit Twister on
On Tue, 29 Jun 2010 17:03:54 +0200, Aragorn wrote:
>> Bit Twister wrote:
>> http://www.angelfire.com/hi/hahakiam/emoticon.html
>
> Apparently that site has been hijacked. It shows the original page for
> about a quarter of a second, and then loads *this* one:
>
> http://www.sedoparking.com/ceepersonals.com

Thanks, sent them an email about it.

I never saw the redirect since I run NoScript addon and have just
about everything disabled.
From: Aragorn on
On Tuesday 29 June 2010 17:30 in comp.os.linux.setup, somebody
identifying as Bit Twister wrote...

> On Tue, 29 Jun 2010 17:03:54 +0200, Aragorn wrote:
>>> Bit Twister wrote:
>>> http://www.angelfire.com/hi/hahakiam/emoticon.html
>>
>> Apparently that site has been hijacked. It shows the original page
>> for about a quarter of a second, and then loads *this* one:
>>
>> http://www.sedoparking.com/ceepersonals.com
>
> Thanks, sent them an email about it.
>
> I never saw the redirect since I run NoScript addon and have just
> about everything disabled.

I don't have that add-on, but normally Firefox would alert me if the
site is trying to redirect nevertheless and would ask for my permission
to allow that to happen. Yet in this case, it did not.

Hmm... Peculiar... :-/

From: The Natural Philosopher on
Aragorn wrote:
> On Tuesday 29 June 2010 17:30 in comp.os.linux.setup, somebody
> identifying as Bit Twister wrote...

>>> Apparently that site has been hijacked. It shows the original page
>>> for about a quarter of a second, and then loads *this* one:
>>>
>>> http://www.sedoparking.com/ceepersonals.com
>> Thanks, sent them an email about it.
>>
>> I never saw the redirect since I run NoScript addon and have just
>> about everything disabled.
>
> I don't have that add-on, but normally Firefox would alert me if the
> site is trying to redirect nevertheless and would ask for my permission
> to allow that to happen. Yet in this case, it did not.

yep. It goes looking for a script..and finds it and loads it.