From: wolf_tracks on
On 4/11/2010 6:08 PM, wolf_tracks(a)invalid.com wrote:
> PPT 2007 student version. I began with a file made with 97, and cleaned
> out what I didn't need. I created a new slide with a text box, and cut
> and pasted text into it from the previous page. If I select the text and
> try to move it to the right or even put bullets for each short line, not
> much happens. Oddly for the bulleting, the first line is the only one
> that receives the bullet. Comments?

It seems like this may be a compatibility problem. The window border
show the file name and in parenthesis show Compatibility Mode.

Obz Site: 39� 15' 7" N, 121� 2' 32" W, 2700 feet

Web Page: <www.speckledwithstars.net/>

From: Matti Vuori on
wolf_tracks(a)invalid.com wrote in news:uqGssQf2KHA.6048
@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl:

> On 4/11/2010 6:08 PM, wolf_tracks(a)invalid.com wrote:
>> PPT 2007 student version. I began with a file made with 97, and cleaned
>> out what I didn't need. I created a new slide with a text box, and cut
>> and pasted text into it from the previous page. If I select the text and
>> try to move it to the right or even put bullets for each short line, not
>> much happens. Oddly for the bulleting, the first line is the only one
>> that receives the bullet. Comments?
>
> It seems like this may be a compatibility problem. The window border
> show the file name and in parenthesis show Compatibility Mode.

In that case you might get rid of the problem by first saving the file as
PPT 2007 presentation.
From: wolf_tracks on
On 4/12/2010 12:54 AM, Matti Vuori wrote:
> wolf_tracks(a)invalid.com wrote in news:uqGssQf2KHA.6048
> @TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl:
>
>> On 4/11/2010 6:08 PM, wolf_tracks(a)invalid.com wrote:
>>> PPT 2007 student version. I began with a file made with 97, and cleaned
>>> out what I didn't need. I created a new slide with a text box, and cut
>>> and pasted text into it from the previous page. If I select the text and
>>> try to move it to the right or even put bullets for each short line, not
>>> much happens. Oddly for the bulleting, the first line is the only one
>>> that receives the bullet. Comments?
>>
>> It seems like this may be a compatibility problem. The window border
>> show the file name and in parenthesis show Compatibility Mode.
>
> In that case you might get rid of the problem by first saving the file as
> PPT 2007 presentation.

That worked, but now how do I transfer the modified ppt file slides to
the 2007 version?

That is, I first modified the 97 file, call it A, and saved it as a docx
file, call it B. Now I have a 2007 version that came from 97 that is not
modified, but seems fine in the 2007, call it C.

I cannot have both files open at the same time to copy and paste, or cay I?

From: wolf_tracks on
OK,I got it squared away. As per one poster, I had to remove the special
characters. Fortunately, I caught all this in the early stages, and
really only had to deal with two pages.

Obz Site: 39� 15' 7" N, 121� 2' 32" W, 2700 feet

Solid waste produced to generate electricity per person
over a lifetime:
Nuclear power -- 2 pounds in a coke can
Fossil (coal) fuel -- 68.5 tons in six 12-ton RR cars

-- Power to Save the World, Gwyneth Cravens

Web Page: <www.speckledwithstars.net/>