From: Peter on
In article <60e6o.85009$Ua.19535(a)twister2.libero.it>,
the.white.queen(a)hotmail.it says...

> "Peter" <pete.ivesAll_stRESS(a)blueyonder.co.uk> ha scritto nel messaggio
> > In article <XsT5o.196024$9f6.391399(a)twister1.libero.it>,
> > the.white.queen(a)hotmail.it says...
> >>
> >> "Peter" <pete.ivesAll_stRESS(a)blueyonder.co.uk> ha scritto nel messaggio

> >> Thanks, but I am not really sure I understood: there is no such menu item
> >> under the View menu...
> >>

> > Aah, you are using Windows Explorer.
>
> Is there any other way? :)
>
> The folder is Documents\Images
>
> >Ok, right mouse click on the folder
> > you have a problem with and select properties. Click on the right hand
> > tab at the top labelled Customize and then you can select the drop down
> > menu as I stated above.
>
> Mmm nope...the only 2 tabs which appear are General and Sharing. Even if I
> click the Advanced button, I am afraid there is no such menu.

Then that folder is one that must have some special significance to the
O/S. Same goes for the 'My documents' folder. You can't customise that
one either.

My only solution for you, that I can think of anyway, would be to create
subfolders inside your Images folder and place various images in those
and customise those folders.

Sorry, best I can come up with.

--
Pete Ives
From: Emma Frost on

> My only solution for you, that I can think of anyway, would be to create
> subfolders inside your Images folder and place various images in those
> and customise those folders.

There are already customised folders in my Images folder, each one carrying
as a name the year the pictures inside it were taken. That is exactly what I
can't see right now. Thanks anyway for your help.

(someone told me I could solve this problem by starting up my PC in safe
mode, then restarting it in normal mode. I should give it a try later and
let you know)

From: Peter on
In article <H8D6o.85377$Ua.19467(a)twister2.libero.it>,
the.white.queen(a)hotmail.it says...

> "Peter" <pete.ivesAll_stRESS(a)blueyonder.co.uk> ha scritto nel messaggio
>
> > My only solution for you, that I can think of anyway, would be to create
> > subfolders inside your Images folder and place various images in those
> > and customise those folders.
>
> There are already customised folders in my Images folder, each one carrying
> as a name the year the pictures inside it were taken. That is exactly what I
> can't see right now. Thanks anyway for your help.

So, let's get this straight. It is the folders inside your images folder
that do not display the name of the folder or any example pictures of
what that folder contains, and it these folders that you want to change
so that they do exactly that.

So why don't you right mouse click on those folders and select
properties. Surely there is a customize tab available to you there.

--
Pete Ives
From: Emma Frost on

> So, let's get this straight.

Let's :-)

>It is the folders inside your images folder
> that do not display the name of the folder or any example pictures of
> what that folder contains, and it these folders that you want to change
> so that they do exactly that.

It's all of those: subfolders AND images inside my Images folder.

> So why don't you right mouse click on those folders and select
> properties. Surely there is a customize tab available to you there.

There is a Customize tab, but for the folder type, "pictures" is already
selected.

From: Peter on
In article <35%6o.197065$9f6.392811(a)twister1.libero.it>,
the.white.queen(a)hotmail.it says...

> "Peter" <pete.ivesAll_stRESS(a)blueyonder.co.uk> ha scritto nel messaggio
>
> > So, let's get this straight.
>
> Let's :-)
>
> >It is the folders inside your images folder
> > that do not display the name of the folder or any example pictures of
> > what that folder contains, and it these folders that you want to change
> > so that they do exactly that.
>
> It's all of those: subfolders AND images inside my Images folder.
>

> > So why don't you right mouse click on those folders and select
> > properties. Surely there is a customize tab available to you there.
>
> There is a Customize tab, but for the folder type, "pictures" is already
> selected.

And you've tried the 'restore defaults' buttons. There are 2 of them.
One you can see when you click on the customize tab. The other one is
found when you click on the 'change icon' button.

Other than that, perhaps there is a registry fix for this. I personally
don't know it there is, but, if I find the time I might do a little
searching.

--
Pete Ives