From: Ardent Spirit on
On Mon, 02 Aug 2010 22:57:07 GMT, "Emma Frost" <the.white.queen(a)hotmail.it>
enriched cyberspace with these bytes:

>Thumbnails view displays the images a folder contains on a folder icon so
>that you can quickly identify the contents of the folder. For example, if
>you store pictures in several different folders, in Thumbnails view, you can
>tell at a glance which folder contains the pictures you want.
>
>Normally, the complete folder name is displayed under the thumbnail. In my
>case, there is no name displayed for both folders and image files.
>
>I could not find a solution online. Could someone please advise?
>
>Thanks a lot.

This is a -I guess little known- feature in Windows (at least I know about it in
XP but probably functions the same in Vista and W7):
when you have a view other than Thumbnail view in explorer and you then shift to
Thumbnail view, holding the Shift key will toggle filenames on or off under the
thumbnails (depending on how it was previously). This will only work for
Thumbnail view, other views are not affected.

You probably have changed this unintentionally, so to get back to what you were
used to: choose for instance Details in the View menu, then hold Shift and
choose Thumbnails again. Your filenames should be there again.

This info can be found online, but is strongly dependent on your search terms in
Google.
First hit on these search terms: xp explorer hide filename -extension thumbnail

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/84764-35-windows-explorer-showing-picure-file-names

From: Emma Frost on

> This is a -I guess little known- feature in Windows (at least I know about
> it in
> XP but probably functions the same in Vista and W7):
> when you have a view other than Thumbnail view in explorer and you then
> shift to
> Thumbnail view, holding the Shift key will toggle filenames on or off
> under the
> thumbnails (depending on how it was previously). This will only work for
> Thumbnail view, other views are not affected.
>
> You probably have changed this unintentionally, so to get back to what you
> were
> used to: choose for instance Details in the View menu, then hold Shift and
> choose Thumbnails again. Your filenames should be there again.

THANKS!!!! It worked :-DDD

> This info can be found online, but is strongly dependent on your search
> terms in
> Google.
> First hit on these search terms: xp explorer hide filename -extension
> thumbnail
>
> http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/84764-35-windows-explorer-showing-picure-file-names

Exactly, I looked it up both in English and Italian (I am from Italy) and
couldn't find anything - not even on Microsoft site!

Thanks a lot, again! IOU :-)

From: Ardent Spirit on
On Tue, 10 Aug 2010 22:19:55 GMT, "Emma Frost" <the.white.queen(a)hotmail.it>
enriched cyberspace with these bytes:

>> This is a -I guess little known- feature in Windows (at least I know about
>> it in
>> XP but probably functions the same in Vista and W7):
>> when you have a view other than Thumbnail view in explorer and you then
>> shift to
>> Thumbnail view, holding the Shift key will toggle filenames on or off
>> under the
>> thumbnails (depending on how it was previously). This will only work for
>> Thumbnail view, other views are not affected.
>>
>> You probably have changed this unintentionally, so to get back to what you
>> were
>> used to: choose for instance Details in the View menu, then hold Shift and
>> choose Thumbnails again. Your filenames should be there again.
>
>THANKS!!!! It worked :-DDD
>
>> This info can be found online, but is strongly dependent on your search
>> terms in
>> Google.
>> First hit on these search terms: xp explorer hide filename -extension
>> thumbnail
>>
>> http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/84764-35-windows-explorer-showing-picure-file-names
>
>Exactly, I looked it up both in English and Italian (I am from Italy) and
>couldn't find anything - not even on Microsoft site!
>
>Thanks a lot, again! IOU :-)

You're welcome!

It is also a nice little feature if you want to mess with co-workers :)
From: Emma Frost on

"Ardent Spirit" <jaapREMOVETHISP(a)RTbiopolymers.nl> ha scritto nel messaggio

> It is also a nice little feature if you want to mess with co-workers :)

*evil grin*

LOL