From: Emma Frost on
Thumbnails view displays the images a folder contains on a folder icon so
that you can quickly identify the contents of the folder. For example, if
you store pictures in several different folders, in Thumbnails view, you can
tell at a glance which folder contains the pictures you want.

Normally, the complete folder name is displayed under the thumbnail. In my
case, there is no name displayed for both folders and image files.

I could not find a solution online. Could someone please advise?

Thanks a lot.

From: Peter on
In article <73I5o.84546$Ua.19331(a)twister2.libero.it>,
the.white.queen(a)hotmail.it says...
> Thumbnails view displays the images a folder contains on a folder icon so
> that you can quickly identify the contents of the folder. For example, if
> you store pictures in several different folders, in Thumbnails view, you can
> tell at a glance which folder contains the pictures you want.
>
> Normally, the complete folder name is displayed under the thumbnail. In my
> case, there is no name displayed for both folders and image files.
>
> I could not find a solution online. Could someone please advise?
>
> Thanks a lot.

Have you tried:

View Menu->Customize this folder... In pop-up window select pictures
from drop down menu at the top, for the folder type.

--
Pete Ives
From: Emma Frost on

"Peter" <pete.ivesAll_stRESS(a)blueyonder.co.uk> ha scritto nel messaggio

> Have you tried:
>
> View Menu->Customize this folder... In pop-up window select pictures
> from drop down menu at the top, for the folder type.

Thanks, but I am not really sure I understood: there is no such menu item
under the View menu...

From: Peter on
In article <XsT5o.196024$9f6.391399(a)twister1.libero.it>,
the.white.queen(a)hotmail.it says...

> "Peter" <pete.ivesAll_stRESS(a)blueyonder.co.uk> ha scritto nel messaggio
>
> > Have you tried:
> >
> > View Menu->Customize this folder... In pop-up window select pictures
> > from drop down menu at the top, for the folder type.
>
> Thanks, but I am not really sure I understood: there is no such menu item
> under the View menu...

Aah, you are using Windows Explorer. Ok, right mouse click on the folder
you have a problem with and select properties. Click on the right hand
tab at the top labelled Customize and then you can select the drop down
menu as I stated above.

--
Pete Ives
From: Emma Frost on

> In article <XsT5o.196024$9f6.391399(a)twister1.libero.it>,
> the.white.queen(a)hotmail.it says...
>>
>> "Peter" <pete.ivesAll_stRESS(a)blueyonder.co.uk> ha scritto nel messaggio
>>
>> > Have you tried:
>> >
>> > View Menu->Customize this folder... In pop-up window select pictures
>> > from drop down menu at the top, for the folder type.
>>
>> Thanks, but I am not really sure I understood: there is no such menu item
>> under the View menu...
>>

> Aah, you are using Windows Explorer.

Is there any other way? :)

The folder is Documents\Images

>Ok, right mouse click on the folder
> you have a problem with and select properties. Click on the right hand
> tab at the top labelled Customize and then you can select the drop down
> menu as I stated above.

Mmm nope...the only 2 tabs which appear are General and Sharing. Even if I
click the Advanced button, I am afraid there is no such menu.