From: Cor Ligthert[MVP] on
The chance that it is because of a .Net update is less than 0,1%. The VB6
runtime uses nowhere the .Net framework.

Is there no chance that you installed another update (by instance a security
one) which has affected that.

Or have you so few memory that the Net updates have affected the memory load
of your computer, which can then become of course from every update?

Cor

From: ralph on
On Wed, 14 Jul 2010 01:50:47 -0500, Tony Toews
<ttoews(a)telusplanet.net> wrote:

>On Tue, 13 Jul 2010 12:14:14 -0500, dpb <none(a)non.net> wrote:
>
>>> I've searched google for this error and MANY programs are having this
>>> same error after the kb976576 and kb982524 updates were installed.
>>> Most websites are saying to remove these two updates, but I was
>>> curious if there is anything I can do to debug it on my side.
>>
>>No, it's in runtime, not your code.
>
>Which runtime? .Net? How can a .Net runtime update affect a VB6 app?

I believe dpb meant "runtime" in the broadest sense - that of the
entire O/S and not the VB6 runtime itself.

-ralph
From: ralph on
On Wed, 14 Jul 2010 11:09:47 +0200, "Cor Ligthert[MVP]"
<Notmyfirstname(a)planet.nl> wrote:

>The chance that it is because of a .Net update is less than 0,1%. The VB6
>runtime uses nowhere the .Net framework.

Interesting observation, but has nothing to do with the OP's question.
Note: Many applications/programs are having this problem - at this
time it doesn't appear it is isolated to only products created by VB6.

>Is there no chance that you installed another update (by instance a security
>one) which has affected that.

According to the various postings, it is this one Update that is
causing problems.

Also since several people have reported that performing the update
directly from another source and not via Windows Updater "fixes" the
problem, strongly suggests that it is 'How' the update is applied and
not 'What' that is causing the problem.

>Or have you so few memory that the Net updates have affected the memory load
>of your computer, which can then become of course from every update?

That is gibberish.

In the future, if you don't have direct knowledge of a problem, it
would be wise to stem your desire to defend .Nxt, and take time to at
least read the OP carefully and do a little research before
responding.

-ralph
From: Paul Clement on
On Wed, 14 Jul 2010 01:50:47 -0500, Tony Toews <ttoews(a)telusplanet.net> wrote:

� >> I've searched google for this error and MANY programs are having this
� >> same error after the kb976576 and kb982524 updates were installed.
� >> Most websites are saying to remove these two updates, but I was
� >> curious if there is anything I can do to debug it on my side.
� >...
� >
� >No, it's in runtime, not your code.

� Which runtime? .Net? How can a .Net runtime update affect a VB6 app?

� Tony

If he is referring to .NET Framework updates, they don't.

Paul
~~~~
Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)
From: dpb on
ralph wrote:

> I believe dpb meant "runtime" in the broadest sense - that of the
> entire O/S and not the VB6 runtime itself.

Indeed...should have chosen better.

Hadn't seen the info that there was a "how" involved rather than simply
a "what" that you posted downstream but either way, OP's problem
wouldn't be solved by delving into his code as the problem was created
externally which was the question raised trying to address.