From: Rod Speed on
terryc wrote
> Rod Speed wrote

>> Some like Exetel have very low charges for the data over the
>> limit, and may well be viable for that one off 90GB situation.

> $6/Gb is cheap?

Try $1.50GB, and thats for the excess over 85GB and 110GB depending on the plan.

From: Lewis K. Zeelastik on

"news reader" <newsreader(a)bigpond.com> wrote in message
> ...where can you get an internet connection with huge bandwidth 'cheaply'?
>
> A range of programs I have listed to buy are roughly 90Gb in total and it
> would seem smarter to get those products by download (as opposed to
> getting them on 20+ dvds) and suddenly I see no reasonable connection for
> being able to do that.
>
> How soon before we might see 50-100Gb monthly plans? And why can't ISPs
> give me unlimited data but restricted data rates? I wouldn't mind a
> 256kbs connection if it was unlimited. Is there any such thing?
TPG have a 100gb plan for $49.95 per month.

From: David on
In article <7l43chF3cndmtU1(a)mid.individual.net>,
"Fred" <bluser(a)gaymail.com> wrote:

> "news reader" <newsreader(a)bigpond.com> wrote in message
> > ...where can you get an internet connection with huge bandwidth 'cheaply'?
>

> > How soon before we might see 50-100Gb monthly plans? And why can't ISPs
> > give me unlimited data but restricted data rates?

An add on TV last night offered 100gigs adsl2 for $49/month - would that
suit you?

TPG I think

David
From: terryc on
On Sun, 01 Nov 2009 20:55:18 +0000, Lewis K. Zeelastik wrote:

>> How soon before we might see 50-100Gb monthly plans? And why can't
>> ISPs give me unlimited data but restricted data rates? I wouldn't mind
>> a 256kbs connection if it was unlimited. Is there any such thing?
> TPG have a 100gb plan for $49.95 per month.

Make sure you check what is counted. You can get 12Gb peak + 56Gb off
peak downloads only for a bit less on Exetel and possible a bit more $
for 35GB(?) + 56/60GB.

www.broadbandchoice.com.au

From: Krusty on
> TPG have a 100gb plan for $49.95 per month.

That's true, but they have now reversed a previous trend! That is 100Gb (no
VoIP) for $49.99 or 80Gb (with VoIP) same price & same throttling on both!
The VoIP does have 50 calls or 500 minutes free, so it kind of makes sence
in retrospect! They previously gave 5GB more for VoIP & throttled at 128Kb
for VoIP & 64Kb for non VoIP for the same cost..