From: Bilge on
Ka-In Yen:

>According to mathematician's opinion:
>"Again there are two unknowns, |V| and u, in the equation so there are
>infinitely many answers. Therefore cross division is also undefined."
> ---- http://www.mcasco.com/qa_vdq.html
>
>That's not true.

Sure it is. There are infinitely many ways to define the vectors
A and B such that the cross product is the same.

>Stupid mathematicians hinder the development of 3D vector algebra.

No, stupid people simply don't bother to stop and think before
declaring that thousands of mathematicians are stupid.

>An area vector is A<i:3>m^2, and its length is l<j:3>m.
>where <i:3> and <j:3> are unit vectors and m is meter.
>We can divide the area vector by the length vector, and
>we get the height(vector) of rectangle.

The cross product of two vectors is a pseudovector.

>A<i:3>m^2 / l<j:3>m
>=(A/l) <i:3>x<j:3> m (x is cross product)
>=(A*sin(theta)/l) <k:3> m (<k:3>=(<i:3>x<j:3>)/sin(theta))
>where theta is the angle between <i:3> and <j:3>.
><k:3> is a unit vector and perpendicular to <i:3> and <j:3>.

I'm not about to sort out your silly notation.

>As soon as you accept Clifford's method, you will realize that
>LXB is vector by vector division.

Do yourself a favor. Purchase a copy of ``Clifford Algebras and
Spinors,'' Perti Lounesto.

From: Ka-In Yen on

Bilge wrote:
> Ka-In Yen:
> >A<i:3>m^2 / l<j:3>m
> >=(A/l) <i:3>x<j:3> m (x is cross product)
> >=(A*sin(theta)/l) <k:3> m (<k:3>=(<i:3>x<j:3>)/sin(theta))
> >where theta is the angle between <i:3> and <j:3>.
> ><k:3> is a unit vector and perpendicular to <i:3> and <j:3>.
>
> I'm not about to sort out your silly notation.

I have define the notation in my paper. If you do not read
my paper, how can you comment on my paper?

From: Bilge on
Ka-In Yen:

>Bilge wrote:
>> Ka-In Yen:
>> >A<i:3>m^2 / l<j:3>m
>> >=(A/l) <i:3>x<j:3> m (x is cross product)
>> >=(A*sin(theta)/l) <k:3> m (<k:3>=(<i:3>x<j:3>)/sin(theta))
>> >where theta is the angle between <i:3> and <j:3>.
>> ><k:3> is a unit vector and perpendicular to <i:3> and <j:3>.
>>
>> I'm not about to sort out your silly notation.
>
>I have define the notation in my paper. If you do not read
>my paper, how can you comment on my paper?

I'm commenting on the article you posted. This is a newsgroup, not
a journal.

From: Ka-In Yen on

Bilge wrote:
> Ka-In Yen:
>
> >According to mathematician's opinion:
> >"Again there are two unknowns, |V| and u, in the equation so there are
> >infinitely many answers. Therefore cross division is also undefined."
> > ---- http://www.mcasco.com/qa_vdq.html
> >
> >That's not true.
>
> Sure it is. There are infinitely many ways to define the vectors
> A and B such that the cross product is the same.

Although there are infinite solutions, but we are not forbidden
to find a specific solution.

> >As soon as you accept Clifford's method, you will realize that
> >LXB is vector by vector division.
>
> Do yourself a favor. Purchase a copy of ``Clifford Algebras and
> Spinors,'' Perti Lounesto.

Inverse of a vector is widely accepted by mathematicians and
physicists.

A^(-1) = 1/A = A/A^2 (where A is a vector)

Please refer to: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geometric_algebra

From: Bilge on
Ka-In Yen:

>Bilge wrote:
>> Ka-In Yen:
>>
>> >According to mathematician's opinion:
>> >"Again there are two unknowns, |V| and u, in the equation so there are
>> >infinitely many answers. Therefore cross division is also undefined."
>> > ---- http://www.mcasco.com/qa_vdq.html
>> >
>> >That's not true.
>>
>> Sure it is. There are infinitely many ways to define the vectors
>> A and B such that the cross product is the same.
>
>Although there are infinite solutions, but we are not forbidden
>to find a specific solution.

What's your point?

>> >As soon as you accept Clifford's method, you will realize that
>> >LXB is vector by vector division.
>>
>> Do yourself a favor. Purchase a copy of ``Clifford Algebras and
>> Spinors,'' Perti Lounesto.
>
>Inverse of a vector is widely accepted by mathematicians and
>physicists.

You said ``division by a vector.'' Don't change the subject.

>A^(-1) = 1/A = A/A^2 (where A is a vector)

Note that the denominator is a scalar.

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Prev: infinity ...
Next: The set of All sets