From: Eric Gisse on
[snip]

> In the above, the "area vector division by length vector" is suggested.

Vector division is not a defined operation for vectors.

[snip]

From: Ka-In Yen on
Ka-In Yen wrote:
> Ka-In Yen wrote:
> > The proof of mass vector.
> >
> > 1. The unit of vector.
> > In physics, The unit of three-dimensional cartesian coordinate
> > systems is meter. In this paper, a point of 3-D coordinate
> > system is written as
> > (p1,p2,p3) m, or (p:3) m
> > and a vector is written as
> > <a,b,c> m, or <a:3> m
> > or
> > l m<i,j,k> = <a,b,c> m
>
> In the above, the "area vector division by length vector" is suggested.
> We can divide a length vector by a velocity in a different way.
> Assuming
> a length vector is l m<i:3>, and a velocity is v (m/s) <j:3>. <i:3> and
> <j:3> are unit vectors.
>
> l m<i:3> / [ v (m/s) <j:3> ]
> =l <i:3>o<j:3> / v s
> <j:3> is moved to numerator. o is dot product.
> =l cos(theta) / v s ---------(1)
> theta is the angle between two vectors.
>
> OR
>
> v (m/s)<j:3> / [ l m<i:3> ]
> =v cos(theta) / l s^(-1) --------(2)

Length vector division by velocity gives two solutions:
l cos(theta) / v s or l / (v cos(theta)) s. Depending
on your application, you choose one operation.

> Both length vector and area vector have two directions; we can choose
> one of their directions to keep cos(theta)>0.

Correction: It should be cos(theta)>=0.
If negative time is your application, then cos(theta)>=0 is
unnecessary.

Ka-In Yen
Magnetic force: Drag and Bernoulli force of ether dynamics.
http://www.geocities.com/redlorikee

From: Ka-In Yen on

Eric Gisse wrote:
> [snip]
>

> > In the above, the "area vector division by length vector" is suggested.
>
> Vector division is not a defined operation for vectors.

Dear Eric,

Thank you for your comment. Then I am the first one.

From: Ka-In Yen on
Ka-In Yen wrote:
> Eric Gisse wrote:
> > > In the above, the "area vector division by length vector" is suggested.
> >
> > Vector division is not a defined operation for vectors.
>
> Dear Eric,
> Thank you for your comment. Then I am the first one.

Mathematically I prove that Einstein was ill-trained on three
dimensional vector algebra. ^_^

From: Pmb on
>> l m<i,j,k> = <a,b,c> m
>>
>> where l=abs(sqrt(a^2+b^2+c^2)) is the magnitude of the vector,
>> and <i,j,k> is a unit vector which gives the direction of
>> the vector.

<i,j,k> is not a unit vector. It has a magnitude of sqrt(3)

>> 2. Linear mass density is a vector.
>>
>> The mass of a string is M kg, and the length of the string
>> is l m<i:3>. Where l m is the magnitude of the length, and
>> <i:3> is a 3-D unit vector which gives the direction of the
>> string. Then the linear mass density of the string is:
>>
>> M/(l<i:3>)=(M/l) (kg/m)<i:3>

That doesn't mean that you can call mass a vector. Mass is a scalar which
has a value at every point on the string. As you have it there are two
vectors each of which are tangent to the string and point in opposite
directions.

Pete

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14