From: Bill Hobba on

"Eric Gisse" <jowr.pi(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

> Bill Hobba wrote:
>
> [snip]
>

>> What I don't understand about your type is why with zero actual knowledge
>> of
>> a subject you believe it is wrong and you can revolutionaries it.
>
> People have heard the fables of how Einstein failed all his math
> classes and still revolutionized physics and believe they can do the
> same.

Yea - and it is a total fable. He had a letter from his high school teacher
confirming his math was already of university standard. At uni he did not
do well because he was a lazy sod - but never actually failed. Which
instead of suggesting you don't need to study confirms you do - even a
genius like Einstein did not do well when he didn't.

Thanks
Bill

From: Ka-In Yen on

Bill Hobba wrote:
> "Ka-In Yen" <yenkain(a)yahoo.com.tw> wrote in message
> > 2. Linear mass density is a vector.
> >
> > The mass of a string is M kg, and the length of the string
> > is l m<i:3>. Where l m is the magnitude of the length, and
> > <i:3> is a 3-D unit vector which gives the direction of the
> > string. Then the linear mass density of the string is:
> >

> > M/(l<i:3>)=(M/l) (kg/m)<i:3>
>
> You can not divide by vectors.

Dear Bill,

Can you tell me how you get the following three kind of vectors?

Current density(J) is a surface density and a vector; its unit is
A/m^2.

Electric field(E) is linear density and a vector; Its unit is V/m.

Displacement(D) is surface density and a vector; Its unit is coul/m^2.

Reference: Classical Electrodynamics(J.D. Jackson) p.820

From: Eric Gisse on

Ka-In Yen wrote:
> Bill Hobba wrote:
> > "Ka-In Yen" <yenkain(a)yahoo.com.tw> wrote in message
> > > 2. Linear mass density is a vector.
> > >
> > > The mass of a string is M kg, and the length of the string
> > > is l m<i:3>. Where l m is the magnitude of the length, and
> > > <i:3> is a 3-D unit vector which gives the direction of the
> > > string. Then the linear mass density of the string is:
> > >

> > > M/(l<i:3>)=(M/l) (kg/m)<i:3>
> >
> > You can not divide by vectors.
>
> Dear Bill,
>
> Can you tell me how you get the following three kind of vectors?
>
> Current density(J) is a surface density and a vector; its unit is
> A/m^2.
>
> Electric field(E) is linear density and a vector; Its unit is V/m.
>
> Displacement(D) is surface density and a vector; Its unit is coul/m^2.
>
> Reference: Classical Electrodynamics(J.D. Jackson) p.820

If you have difficulties with vectors I suggest you stay far, far away
from Jackson.

From: Ka-In Yen on
Eric Gisse wrote:
> Ka-In Yen wrote:
> > Bill Hobba wrote:
> > > "Ka-In Yen" <yenkain(a)yahoo.com.tw> wrote in message
> > >
> > > You can not divide by vectors.
> >
> > Dear Bill,
> > Can you tell me how you get the following three kind of vectors?
> >
> > Current density(J) is a surface density and a vector; its unit is
> > A/m^2.
> >
> > Electric field(E) is linear density and a vector; Its unit is V/m.
> >
> > Displacement(D) is surface density and a vector; Its unit is coul/m^2.
> >
> > Reference: Classical Electrodynamics(J.D. Jackson) p.820

> If you have difficulties with vectors I suggest you stay far, far away
> from Jackson.

Do not change subject; answer the question. (^_^)

From: Eric Gisse on

Ka-In Yen wrote:
> Eric Gisse wrote:
> > Ka-In Yen wrote:

> > > Dear Bill,
> > > Can you tell me how you get the following three kind of vectors?
> > >
> > > Current density(J) is a surface density and a vector; its unit is
> > > A/m^2.
> > >
> > > Electric field(E) is linear density and a vector; Its unit is V/m.
> > >
> > > Displacement(D) is surface density and a vector; Its unit is coul/m^2.
> > >
> > > Reference: Classical Electrodynamics(J.D. Jackson) p.820
>
> > If you have difficulties with vectors I suggest you stay far, far away
> > from Jackson.
>
> Do not change subject; answer the question. (^_^)

The quantities are defined to be vectors and are operated on by tools
from vector analysis and calculus. You are inventing your own tools
because you have no clue what you are doing.

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Prev: infinity ...
Next: The set of All sets