From: Jonathan Hoyle on
>> Define U to be the set of all x were x fulfilles the propositional
>> function
>>
>> P(x) = x.
>>
>> U = Set of All sets , because everything is identical to itself.

What logical framework are you using? You can't be using ZFC since the
collection of all sets is not a set, and thus not addressable within
it. BNG is a conservative extension of ZFC that does allow you to
address the collection of all sets, but this collection would be a
proper class and not a set. There are some non-Well Founded Set
Theories that do give you a set of all sets, but these non-WF sets do
not exhibit the same properties as typical ZFC sets.

It appears that you have not thought this very well through. You
cannot logically deduce anything until you have first decided which
logic you wish to perform your deductions upon.

Hope that helps,

Jonathan

From: zuhair on

I think I had the mistake of interpretating what is a set? I thought
that a set is an equivalence relation between subjects and a predicate
all the subjects has, or a one-many
equivalence relation between predicate and subjects having that
predicate.

So if P(x) = y ( this is a subject-predicate function )

x is the subject , y the predicate and P is the rule which identifies
the presence
of the predicate y in x, to result in the whole statement of " P(x)=y
IS True "

Now x = P^(-1) y Now P(-1) y is read as the set of y , so set in
general is an inverse of a subject - predicate function.

P^(-1) y which is the inverse of P(x) , mapps y to All x having y, and
of coarse this can be multivalued or single valued or NUL valued.

Now if we say their is P' (x)=y , were P' is a rule which identifies
the presence of the
predicate y' ( y' is a predicate other than y) in x , then P'^(-1) y
might be different from the set P^(-1)y ,

in reality P'^(-1)y = P^(-1) y'

so if P ^(-1) y = Z then P^(-1)y' = Z'

Of coarse Z' is not necessarily different from Z nor necessarily a
complementary set of Z.

All the above are examples of true sets or existing sets

Now lets have another definition which is in apposit to the above

L (x) = y

x is the subject , y the predicate and L is the rule which identifies
the presence
of the predicate ~y in x, to result in the whole statement of " P(x)=y
IS false "

Now what is L^(-1) y , the result is a False set of y or a
non-existant set of y.

{ L^(-1) y } = { }

In reality now I am coming to think that the set of all true sets U is
a true set and thus it exists.

A non-existent set or false set is something else , and the set of all
false sets is a false set also.

So { } is the set of any non-existant sets .

While U is the set of all true sets.

Of coarse the null set of non-existent sets might be U or perhaps any
true set????

All of that resulted because I defined set as inverse subject-predicate
function , if the function is a truth function then it is a ture set,
if it is a falsy function then it makes
a false set( or non existent sets )

Of coarse their might be also mixed false and true sets???

Just thoughts

Zuhair...............

From: MoeBlee on
zuhair wrote:
> I think I had the mistake of interpretating what is a set? I thought
> that a set is an equivalence relation between subjects and a predicate
> all the subjects has, or a one-many
> equivalence relation between predicate and subjects having that
> predicate.
>
> So if P(x) = y ( this is a subject-predicate function )
>
> x is the subject , y the predicate and P is the rule which identifies
> the presence
> of the predicate y in x, to result in the whole statement of " P(x)=y
> IS True "
>
> Now x = P^(-1) y Now P(-1) y is read as the set of y , so set in
> general is an inverse of a subject - predicate function.
>
> P^(-1) y which is the inverse of P(x) , mapps y to All x having y, and
> of coarse this can be multivalued or single valued or NUL valued.
>
> Now if we say their is P' (x)=y , were P' is a rule which identifies
> the presence of the
> predicate y' ( y' is a predicate other than y) in x , then P'^(-1) y
> might be different from the set P^(-1)y ,
>
> in reality P'^(-1)y = P^(-1) y'
>
> so if P ^(-1) y = Z then P^(-1)y' = Z'
>
> Of coarse Z' is not necessarily different from Z nor necessarily a
> complementary set of Z.
>
> All the above are examples of true sets or existing sets
>
> Now lets have another definition which is in apposit to the above
>

> L (x) = y
>
> x is the subject , y the predicate and L is the rule which identifies
> the presence
> of the predicate ~y in x, to result in the whole statement of " P(x)=y
> IS false "
>
> Now what is L^(-1) y , the result is a False set of y or a
> non-existant set of y.
>
> { L^(-1) y } = { }
>
> In reality now I am coming to think that the set of all true sets U is
> a true set and thus it exists.
>
> A non-existent set or false set is something else , and the set of all
> false sets is a false set also.
>
> So { } is the set of any non-existant sets .
>
> While U is the set of all true sets.
>
> Of coarse the null set of non-existent sets might be U or perhaps any
> true set????
>
> All of that resulted because I defined set as inverse subject-predicate
> function , if the function is a truth function then it is a ture set,
> if it is a falsy function then it makes
> a false set( or non existent sets )
>
> Of coarse their might be also mixed false and true sets???
>
> Just thoughts
>
> Zuhair...............

I get it now. Of coarse, it's a hoax. No one, of coarse, could possibly
be so outlandishly discombobulated. Of coarse, of coarse, what else
could it be? Of coarse it is.

MoeBlee

From: zuhair on

MoeBlee wrote:
> zuhair wrote:
> > I think I had the mistake of interpretating what is a set? I thought
> > that a set is an equivalence relation between subjects and a predicate
> > all the subjects has, or a one-many
> > equivalence relation between predicate and subjects having that
> > predicate.
> >
> > So if P(x) = y ( this is a subject-predicate function )
> >
> > x is the subject , y the predicate and P is the rule which identifies
> > the presence
> > of the predicate y in x, to result in the whole statement of " P(x)=y
> > IS True "
> >
> > Now x = P^(-1) y Now P(-1) y is read as the set of y , so set in
> > general is an inverse of a subject - predicate function.
> >
> > P^(-1) y which is the inverse of P(x) , mapps y to All x having y, and
> > of coarse this can be multivalued or single valued or NUL valued.
> >
> > Now if we say their is P' (x)=y , were P' is a rule which identifies
> > the presence of the
> > predicate y' ( y' is a predicate other than y) in x , then P'^(-1) y
> > might be different from the set P^(-1)y ,
> >
> > in reality P'^(-1)y = P^(-1) y'
> >
> > so if P ^(-1) y = Z then P^(-1)y' = Z'
> >
> > Of coarse Z' is not necessarily different from Z nor necessarily a
> > complementary set of Z.
> >
> > All the above are examples of true sets or existing sets
> >
> > Now lets have another definition which is in apposit to the above
> >

> > L (x) = y
> >
> > x is the subject , y the predicate and L is the rule which identifies
> > the presence
> > of the predicate ~y in x, to result in the whole statement of " P(x)=y
> > IS false "
> >
> > Now what is L^(-1) y , the result is a False set of y or a
> > non-existant set of y.
> >
> > { L^(-1) y } = { }
> >
> > In reality now I am coming to think that the set of all true sets U is
> > a true set and thus it exists.
> >
> > A non-existent set or false set is something else , and the set of all
> > false sets is a false set also.
> >
> > So { } is the set of any non-existant sets .
> >
> > While U is the set of all true sets.
> >
> > Of coarse the null set of non-existent sets might be U or perhaps any
> > true set????
> >
> > All of that resulted because I defined set as inverse subject-predicate
> > function , if the function is a truth function then it is a ture set,
> > if it is a falsy function then it makes
> > a false set( or non existent sets )
> >
> > Of coarse their might be also mixed false and true sets???
> >
> > Just thoughts
> >
> > Zuhair...............
>
> I get it now. Of coarse, it's a hoax. No one, of coarse, could possibly
> be so outlandishly discombobulated. Of coarse, of coarse, what else
> could it be? Of coarse it is.
>
> MoeBlee

Is their anything called " a group of sets should be contained by a
set "
I mean is that consistent with ZF set Theory.

Zuhair

From: Jonathan Hoyle on
In ZF Set Theory with no urelements, sets contain only other sets and
nothing else. The set of natural numbers, or example, is just a set of
sets.

If you mean *all sets* then ZF and ZFC do not allow for the set of all
sets. This must be the case, since if the collection of all sets were
a set, it must therefore contain itself as a member, which violates the
Axiom of Foundation (AF), one of the axioms of ZF.

In a conservative extension of ZFC called NBG
(vonNeumann-Bernays-Godel), you can have a collection of all sets, but
this collection is not a set, but rather a proper class, for the
reasons stated above. (All sets are classes, and those classes which
are not sets are called proper classes). NBG is equi-consistent to
ZFC; that is to say, if NBG is inconsistent, then it is only because
ZFC is as well.

To have "the set of all sets", you must work within a set theory which
does not contain AF. These are called "non-Well Founded" Set Theories,
and sets which violates AF are called "non-well founded sets".
Obviously non-well founded sets in these theories do not exist in ZF,
and thus you cannot assume traditional ZF properties to them.

Hope that helps,

Jonathan Hoyle

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10