From: Susan on
when did you enable the Message tracking? you didn't specify a non-default
location?

--
Susan Conkey [MVP]

From: Rich Matheisen [MVP] on
On Tue, 6 Jan 2009 15:48:38 +0200, "MSExchangeStudent"
<exchangestudent(a)newsgroups.com> wrote:

>I have setup a brand new exch 2003 sp 2 server. I have moved a mailbox from
>a existing exchange server for some tests. I can send/receive internally and
>externally fine. (the old server is still up and runing with all the
>mailboxes on there). When i go to the message tracking on the newly setup
>server i get "The tracking database on mailsrv.abc.com is not available or
>the message has left the exchange organization"

Is "mailsrv.abc.com" your server or a server in your Exchange
organization? And are you seeing this when you open the message
tracking center or are you seeing this in the results of tracking a
message?

If "mailsrv.abc.com" isn't one of your servers, and you're seeing that
"not available or the message has left the exchange orgznization" then
the reason is that the message tracking only extends to the last
Exchange server in YOUR organization. Exchange can't access a machine
in some other email system.
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
From: MSExchangeStudent on
Well i have sent mail via OWA from that server so how is it that there are
nothing to search?

From: MSExchangeStudent on
Not sure what you are asking Martin

From: MSExchangeStudent on
Early yesterday and no i didn't specify any directory. I just saw now the
log file directory is the same folder in which i go look (which is empty)

> when did you enable the Message tracking? you didn't specify a
> non-default location?
>
> --
> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>

> "MSExchangeStudent" <exchangestudent(a)newsgroups.com> wrote in message
>> No, in the folder is no logs...the folder is empty
>>
>> "Andy David {MVP}" <adavid(a)pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in
>> message news:pbc7m41dsn4da8o4fvp6c45ms71cck7f4i(a)4ax.com...

>>> and there are logs there?

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Prev: Second Stroage Group Issues