From: Owain on
Will Kemp wrote:
>> Having problems sending usenet messages. T'bird just sticks on the
>> 'sending unsent messages'.
> I'm using thunderbird 2.0.0.18 and i haven't had any problems.

A little more experimentation suggests that Tbird sometimes isn't happy
about copying the message into the Sent folder.

I have tidied up my Sent folder and Compacted it.

Is there any way of rolling back to a previous version of Tbird in *buntu?

Owain

From: Will Kemp on
Owain wrote:
> Will Kemp wrote:
>>> Having problems sending usenet messages. T'bird just sticks on the
>>> 'sending unsent messages'.
>> I'm using thunderbird 2.0.0.18 and i haven't had any problems.
>
> A little more experimentation suggests that Tbird sometimes isn't happy
> about copying the message into the Sent folder.

That could explain why it affects you and not me. I use IMAP folders for
everything - to avoid the problem of silly mailbox formats and
incompatibility between different mail readers (specifically Evolution
and Thunderbird)

> Is there any way of rolling back to a previous version of Tbird in *buntu?

Probably, but it may depend on what distribution you use.

--
http://NovemberEchoRomeoDelta.com
From: chris on
Owain wrote:
> Will Kemp wrote:
>>> Having problems sending usenet messages. T'bird just sticks on the
>>> 'sending unsent messages'.
>> I'm using thunderbird 2.0.0.18 and i haven't had any problems.
>
> A little more experimentation suggests that Tbird sometimes isn't happy
> about copying the message into the Sent folder.
>
> I have tidied up my Sent folder and Compacted it.

Are you short of space on your home dir? Also, do you really need to
keep copies of your usenet messages? You could try switching off the
keep copy of sent messages option for usenet.

> Is there any way of rolling back to a previous version of Tbird in *buntu?

I've never done it myself, but there is a way of pining packages to
specific version in apt-get. There are howtos out there, but can be a
fiddly. An easier option would be to remove the package from Ubuntu,
download the specific version you want from Mozilla and switch off the
updates.

I'd be wary of using an unpatched version of TB, however. The better
option is definitely to sort out the issue you're having. FWIW I have no
problems posting to usenet with TB 2.0.0.18, but then I don't keep
copies of messages.
From: Will Kemp on
Will Kemp wrote:
> Owain wrote:
>>> I'm using thunderbird 2.0.0.18 and i haven't had any problems.
>> A little more experimentation suggests that Tbird sometimes isn't happy
>> about copying the message into the Sent folder.
>
> That could explain why it affects you and not me. I use IMAP folders for
> everything - to avoid the problem of silly mailbox formats and
> incompatibility between different mail readers (specifically Evolution
> and Thunderbird)
>
>> Is there any way of rolling back to a previous version of Tbird in *buntu?
>
> Probably, but it may depend on what distribution you use.

Oops! Parser failure. I didn't pick up on the "*buntu" as meaning
anything! ;-)

--
http://NovemberEchoRomeoDelta.com
First  |  Prev  |