From: Sandgroper on

"Milton" <millame23(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I need to run XP on this laptop. I'm told it can't be done. Can anyone tell
>me if this is correct please and if there is a way around it?

You can get all the XP drivers from Recovery-cd.com for that particular
model of laptop , cost $15.95

http://recovery-cd.com/Toshiba/Toshiba-Recovery-CD.html

If you are going to install a non Toshiba , fresh version of XP , it would
be better to repartition your HDD to get rid of the hidden partitions.

--

Sandgroper
Save planet Earth !

From: Milton on

"Sandgroper" <steveray(a)KNICKERSiinet.net.au> wrote in message

> "Milton" <millame23(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>I need to run XP on this laptop. I'm told it can't be done. Can anyone
>>tell me if this is correct please and if there is a way around it?
>>

> You can get all the XP drivers from Recovery-cd.com for that particular
> model of laptop , cost $15.95
>
> http://recovery-cd.com/Toshiba/Toshiba-Recovery-CD.html
>
> If you are going to install a non Toshiba , fresh version of XP , it would
> be better to repartition your HDD to get rid of the hidden partitions.
>

> --
>
> Sandgroper

Thanks for the help guys. No matter what, it's not straighforward by the
looks of it. The programme Avid Liquid Chrome is used for broadcast video
editing and was around before even Vista was available. It will only operate
on XP. I don't want to change the editing programme as it takes years to
learn all the shortcuts and operations of the system and at my age, no
thanks. The new laptop has 2 x 500gig drives standard in it.

Regards

Milton

From: idgat on
On Sun, 6 Jun 2010 19:49:00 +1000, "Milton" <millame23(a)yahoo.com>
wrote:

>"Sandgroper" <steveray(a)KNICKERSiinet.net.au> wrote in message
>>
>> "Milton" <millame23(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>>I need to run XP on this laptop. I'm told it can't be done. Can anyone
>>>tell me if this is correct please and if there is a way around it?
>>>

>> You can get all the XP drivers from Recovery-cd.com for that particular
>> model of laptop , cost $15.95
>>
>> http://recovery-cd.com/Toshiba/Toshiba-Recovery-CD.html
>>
>> If you are going to install a non Toshiba , fresh version of XP , it would
>> be better to repartition your HDD to get rid of the hidden partitions.
>>

>> --
>>
>> Sandgroper
>
>Thanks for the help guys. No matter what, it's not straighforward by the
>looks of it. The programme Avid Liquid Chrome is used for broadcast video
>editing and was around before even Vista was available. It will only operate
>on XP. I don't want to change the editing programme as it takes years to
>learn all the shortcuts and operations of the system and at my age, no
>thanks. The new laptop has 2 x 500gig drives standard in it.

I'd certainly be looking at installing something like Virtual Box from
Sun, which runs inside W7 (got it on my W7 x64).

As far as the drivers go, you shouldn't have to pay for them. If
drivers are available for someone to sell, then they'll be available
for free on the net.
--
idgat
Compuglobalhypermeganet Inc.
From: Acacia on

"Milton" <millame23(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I need to run XP on this laptop. I'm told it can't be done. Can anyone tell
>me if this is correct please and if there is a way around it?

Google says there are some XP drivers available here.
http://driverscollection.com/?H=Qosmio%20X500&By=Toshiba&SS=Windows%20XP
so it should be possible to run XP.