From: Abe Katz on
Hello All,
I want to import a text file using the bar | as a delimiter to separate the
fields, and all the fields should come in to the table as text data type.
I cant get it to work. Can you please give me an example how to use the
Docmd.TransferText command with all the arguments.
Thanks in advance.
Abe

From: Gina Whipp on
Abe,

This would need to be set up in your Import Specification. To get a more
detailed description of how to go about that you need to tell us what
version of Access as instructions vary based on version.

--
Gina Whipp
2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)

II

From: Abe Katz on
Hi Gina,
Thanks for getting back, I'm using Acc2003.
Abe

From: Gina Whipp on
Abe,

Open Access...

1. Go to File - Get External Data - Import
2. Select you file on in the window that opens - Import Text Wizard click
the Advanced button...
3. Set up your specifications and don't forget to save...
4. Then use your saved Import Specification with a TransferText
statement...
-From the help file... DoCmd.TransferText acExportDelim, "Standard
Output", "External Report", "C:\Txtfiles\April.doc"