From: Gringarlow on
Why is it called a text box if I can't format it to accept text? I need to
have a control/input on the form that will accept 1102A as an input to a
query.Can you help me here?
ThankYou
From: Larry Linson on
"Gringarlow" <Gringarlow(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote

> Why is it called a text box if I can't format it to
> accept text? I need to have a control/input on the
> form that will accept 1102A as an input to a
> query.Can you help me here?

There's nothing inherent about a Text Box that would prevent entering
"1102A". Perhaps if you gave some detail, someone would be able to make a
useful suggestion, or at least, ask additional questions. Is your Text Box
bound or unbound (a good start is to tell us what is in its Control Source
property), does it have a validation rule specified. Exactly what happens
when you enter the value 1102A? What error message is returned, if any?
How, exactly is it "input to a query".

Larry Linson
Microsoft Office Access MVP

From: Jeff Boyce on
In addition to Larry's very cogent observations, is there a chance that your
underlying query is not updateable?

Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Access MVP

guarantee as to suitability.

possible/necessary.

From: Gringarlow on
When I enter 1102A into the text Box on the form it returns - "The value you
entered isn't valid for this field. For example, you may have entered text in
a numeric field or a number that is larger than the FieldSize setting permits"

It is unbound.
On the properties sheet the Format field has no choice for TEXT, only
numeric, Long Date, short date, General Number,... or logic choices Yes/No,
True/False...

I can go to the query and enter 1102A directly into the criteria field from
the design view and get the results I'm looking for.
Hope this helps with your help

From: John W. Vinson on
On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 13:15:03 -0700, Gringarlow
<Gringarlow(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>When I enter 1102A into the text Box on the form it returns - "The value you
>entered isn't valid for this field. For example, you may have entered text in
>a numeric field or a number that is larger than the FieldSize setting permits"
>
>It is unbound.

Recheck the form.

That message means that the textbox IS bound, probably to a Number or Lookup
field.

Open the form in design view; view its Properties; select the textbox. Is
there anything in the Control Source property of the textbox?

--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2