From: George Kerby on

On 7/26/10 7:23 PM, in article
2NCdnYq6RNGWutPRnZ2dnUVZ_tWdnZ2d(a)giganews.com, "Dudley Hanks"
<dhanks(a)blind-apertures.ca> wrote:

> "Peter" <peternew(a)nospamoptonline.net> wrote in message
>> "Dudley Hanks" <dhanks(a)blind-apertures.ca> wrote in message
>>> In case anybody is wondering how Mich travels, here's a pic of him as
>>> we're heading down the highway on a rainy day.
>>>
>>> Even the rain can't dampen his spirits...
>>>
>>> http://www.blind-apertures.ca/LatestPics/RainyJourney.jpg
>>>

>> It look like he was driving. :-)
>>

>> --
>> Peter
>
> He was sitting between the front seats. But, I swear, he's just about smart
> enough to drive ... :)
>
> Take Care,
> Dudley

BTW: The "wrong side" post was only in jest - before someone jumps on me,
OK?

From: Dudley Hanks on

"George Kerby" <ghost_topper(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message

> On 7/26/10 7:19 PM, in article
> 4c4e2631$0$5490$8f2e0ebb(a)news.shared-secrets.com, "Peter"
> <peternew(a)nospamoptonline.net> wrote:
>
>> "Dudley Hanks" <dhanks(a)blind-apertures.ca> wrote in message
>>> In case anybody is wondering how Mich travels, here's a pic of him as
>>> we're heading down the highway on a rainy day.
>>>
>>> Even the rain can't dampen his spirits...
>>>
>>> http://www.blind-apertures.ca/LatestPics/RainyJourney.jpg
>>>

>> It look like he was driving. :-)
>>
> Canadian. Wheel on wrong side. ;-)

And, metric to boot ... :)

From: Dudley Hanks on

> On 7/26/10 7:23 PM, in article
> 2NCdnYq6RNGWutPRnZ2dnUVZ_tWdnZ2d(a)giganews.com, "Dudley Hanks"
> <dhanks(a)blind-apertures.ca> wrote:
>

>> "Peter" <peternew(a)nospamoptonline.net> wrote in message
>>> "Dudley Hanks" <dhanks(a)blind-apertures.ca> wrote in message

>>> It look like he was driving. :-)
>>>

>>> --
>>> Peter
>>
>> He was sitting between the front seats. But, I swear, he's just about
>> smart
>> enough to drive ... :)
>>
>> Take Care,
>> Dudley
>>

> BTW: The "wrong side" post was only in jest - before someone jumps on me,
> OK?

I caught it, George, but I'm sure somebody'll take you seriously ... Before
long, headlines will be decrying the Harper Government for completely
rewriting the highway traffic act... :)

Take Care,
Dudley

From: Peter on

> I caught it, George, but I'm sure somebody'll take you seriously ...
> Before long, headlines will be decrying the Harper Government for
> completely rewriting the highway traffic act... :)

Sometime around 1997 a petition was circulated, to ban the use of dihydrogen
monoxide on the grounds that in large quantities it caused a lot of deaths.
As a result of the petitions some town in California banned its use in
cleaning compounds.

--
Peter
Can't underestimate ignorance and stupidity.

From: J. Clarke on
On 7/27/2010 7:58 AM, Peter wrote:
> "Dudley Hanks" <dhanks(a)blind-apertures.ca> wrote in message
>>

>> I caught it, George, but I'm sure somebody'll take you seriously ...
>> Before long, headlines will be decrying the Harper Government for
>> completely rewriting the highway traffic act... :)
>
> Sometime around 1997 a petition was circulated, to ban the use of
> dihydrogen monoxide on the grounds that in large quantities it caused a
> lot of deaths. As a result of the petitions some town in California
> banned its use in cleaning compounds.

Which town was that. In 2004 San Viejo did go so far as putting
legislation to ban its use in styrofoam food containers on the docket
but pulled it before it came to a vote.

The person who circulated the petition in 1997 was a high school student
who got 43 signatures out of 50 persons approached, with the petition
used as the basis for his science fair project.