From: Brian Carroll on
In article <-PmdnYG1TsRFaAXWnZ2dnUVZ8vqdnZ2d(a)brightview.co.uk>,
Trevor <trevor(a)nospam@woldsweather.co.uk> wrote:
> "Brian Carroll" <bric-nospam(a)argonet.co.uk> wrote in message
> > In article
> > <4KKdnZ8UvPeGOwXWnZ2dnUVZ8nGdnZ2d(a)brightview.co.uk>,

[Snip]

> > The layout on the paper is usually a function of the
> > application from which you are printing, not the printer
> > driver. Beware however applications such as Adobe Acrobat
> > Reader which has a 'multiple pages per sheet' option. This
> > would allow you to print 4 x A6 pages of a multi-page
> > document on 1 x A4, but not 4 copies of the same page. On
> > the other hand, it is common for photo handling applications
> > to allow multiple copies of the same picture to be printed.

[Snip]

> Thanks for getting back Brian - using Adobe Reader 9 ...

As another posting suggests, if you make a PDF file with 4
identical pages you can use Adobe Reader to print 4 to a sheet as
I outlined above.

> Trevor - also in Yorkshire (nr Driffield)

I have fond memories of Driffield during WW2 when I used to spend
school holidays with relatives at Southburn.

Brian.

Brian Carroll, Ripon, North Yorkshire, UK bric at f2s dot com
From: Trevor on

> In article <-PmdnYG1TsRFaAXWnZ2dnUVZ8vqdnZ2d(a)brightview.co.uk>,
> Trevor <trevor(a)nospam@woldsweather.co.uk> wrote:
>> "Brian Carroll" <bric-nospam(a)argonet.co.uk> wrote in message
>> > In article
>> > <4KKdnZ8UvPeGOwXWnZ2dnUVZ8nGdnZ2d(a)brightview.co.uk>,
>
> [Snip]
>
>> > The layout on the paper is usually a function of the
>> > application from which you are printing, not the printer
>> > driver. Beware however applications such as Adobe Acrobat
>> > Reader which has a 'multiple pages per sheet' option. This
>> > would allow you to print 4 x A6 pages of a multi-page
>> > document on 1 x A4, but not 4 copies of the same page. On
>> > the other hand, it is common for photo handling applications
>> > to allow multiple copies of the same picture to be printed.
>
> [Snip]
>
>> Thanks for getting back Brian - using Adobe Reader 9 ...
>
> As another posting suggests, if you make a PDF file with 4
> identical pages you can use Adobe Reader to print 4 to a sheet as
> I outlined above.
>
>> Trevor - also in Yorkshire (nr Driffield)
>
> I have fond memories of Driffield during WW2 when I used to spend
> school holidays with relatives at Southburn.
>
> Brian.

The pdf file is one page of A4 and I want to print 4 of them on an A4
sheet.

From: Trevor on

<me(a)mine.net> wrote in message
> On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 08:13:16 -0000, in comp.periphs.printers "Trevor"
> <trevor(a)nospam@woldsweather.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>I'm trying to print the same page 4 x on one page of A i.e. 4 x A6 copies.
>>I've tried multiple pages but it only shows in the preview panel one A6
>>copy
>>in the top left corner.
>>
>>Have tried this on a HP 1022 Laser Printer and a Canon MP600R - both give
>>the same result.
>
> The n-up if for printed mult-page docs n-up. Not multiple copies of a
> single page doc. What did you use to create the pdf? I'd just append
> 3 additional duplicate page and then print n-up.

It was created by serif page plus 9 by my wife and she's not available. So I
can't print four of the single page pdf file on one page of A4?

From: Periproct on

> On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 16:41:21 -0000, in comp.periphs.printers
> "Periproct" <Periproct(a)btinternet.com> wrote:
>

>>"Trevor" <trevor(a)nospam@woldsweather.co.uk> wrote in message
>>> I'm trying to print the same page 4 x on one page of A i.e. 4 x A6
>>> copies.
>>> I've tried multiple pages but it only shows in the preview panel one A6
>>> copy
>>> in the top left corner.
>>>
>>> Have tried this on a HP 1022 Laser Printer and a Canon MP600R - both
>>> give
>>> the same result.
>>
>>I use Qimage http://www.ddisoftware.com/qimage/
>>
>>Might be worth a try of the trial to see if you get on with it.
>
> I don't believe Qimage supports PDF files. However, he could convert
> it to an image format Qimage supports and then use it.

Yes, I had just assumed images, probably because that is what I use Qimage
for.