From: Ian McKeown on
Does anyone know the recommended DSP settings for Turbosound TQ440s. I
picked a pair of these up today ex install and the only info I could find on
the website was the crossover frequency. I ran them using a DCX2496 crossing
over at 1.3kHz, but it sounded like they would still need a bit of EQ,
mainly in the mid range. I would appreciate it if anyone could give me the
settings so I can use them over the weekend.

Cheers
Ian

From: Tim S Kemp on
Ian McKeown <nothing(a)here.com> wrote:
> Does anyone know the recommended DSP settings for Turbosound TQ440s. I
> picked a pair of these up today ex install and the only info I could
> find on the website was the crossover frequency. I ran them using a
> DCX2496 crossing over at 1.3kHz, but it sounded like they would still
> need a bit of EQ, mainly in the mid range. I would appreciate it if
> anyone could give me the settings so I can use them over the weekend.

What made you think they needed a bit of EQ? The 440 is a bit "mid-forward"
in its balance, especially compared to a most 2 way boxes. Make sure the
compression driver isn't blown - run some quiet sweeps...

--
For the grass has not yet sprouted where my high heel has trodden

From: Rob Beech on

"Tim S Kemp" <news(a)timkemp.karoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> Ian McKeown <nothing(a)here.com> wrote:
>> Does anyone know the recommended DSP settings for Turbosound TQ440s. I
>> picked a pair of these up today ex install and the only info I could
>> find on the website was the crossover frequency. I ran them using a
>> DCX2496 crossing over at 1.3kHz, but it sounded like they would still
>> need a bit of EQ, mainly in the mid range. I would appreciate it if
>> anyone could give me the settings so I can use them over the weekend.
>
> What made you think they needed a bit of EQ? The 440 is a bit
> "mid-forward" in its balance, especially compared to a most 2 way boxes.
> Make sure the compression driver isn't blown - run some quiet sweeps...
>

> --
> For the grass has not yet sprouted where my high heel has trodden

agreed, i've got a couple of pairs out on long term dry hire, just had them
back for an overall actually. They dont need any eq as far as system
processing goes. Mine run off an omnidrive and there is only delay times and
crossover points set in it.

Rob

nice cab actually....

From: DaveD on
Ian McKeown wrote:
> Does anyone know the recommended DSP settings for Turbosound TQ440s. I
> picked a pair of these up today ex install and the only info I could find on
> the website was the crossover frequency. I ran them using a DCX2496 crossing
> over at 1.3kHz, but it sounded like they would still need a bit of EQ,
> mainly in the mid range. I would appreciate it if anyone could give me the
> settings so I can use them over the weekend.
>
> Cheers
> Ian

Ian,
Have a look here
ftp://ftp.turbosound.com/tech_data/controllers/
for dspv1.4.xls and check out the TQ445 info. I believe there is very
little difference between the 440 and 445 and should give you a starting
point at least.

On Monday, or whenever, go back to your source and see if you can locate
the management system used in the install. If they have removed the 440s
they surely don't need the LMSD6 or 4. It "belongs" to those speakers
(vbeg) maybe even with the amps 8-)

DaveD

From: Ian McKeown on

> Have a look here
> ftp://ftp.turbosound.com/tech_data/controllers/
> for dspv1.4.xls and check out the TQ445 info. I believe there is very
> little difference between the 440 and 445 and should give you a starting
> point at least.
>
> On Monday, or whenever, go back to your source and see if you can locate
> the management system used in the install. If they have removed the 440s
> they surely don't need the LMSD6 or 4. It "belongs" to those speakers
> (vbeg) maybe even with the amps 8-)
>
> DaveD

Thanks for the help guys. Much appreciated!
Ian