From: Hypatia on
Does anyone know of a tutorial to make a wine bottle that is
clear-coloured glass? Thx.

From: "Trev" trev_uk on

"Hypatia" <NoJunk(a)JunkNone.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know of a tutorial to make a wine bottle that is
> clear-coloured glass? Thx.

I Don't Know a tutorial But If you have a Wine b bottle shape or the
selection of a bottle then Effects 3D Effects Cutout. will give you a shape
with shadow edges using the default preset, but changing the colour to the
colour of glass that you want, Brown green whatever. Then add a new layer
and fill with that same colour. Then adjust the opacity slider way down but
you will probably want a a hint or so of class colour to show its there.

From: Hypatia on
On Thu, 6 May 2010 16:50:20 +0100, "Trev" <trev_uk(a)hotmail.com
invalid> wrote:

>"Hypatia" <NoJunk(a)JunkNone.com> wrote in message
>> Does anyone know of a tutorial to make a wine bottle that is
>> clear-coloured glass? Thx.
>>

>I Don't Know a tutorial But If you have a Wine b bottle shape or the
>selection of a bottle then Effects 3D Effects Cutout. will give you a shape
>with shadow edges using the default preset, but changing the colour to the
>colour of glass that you want, Brown green whatever. Then add a new layer
>and fill with that same colour. Then adjust the opacity slider way down but
>you will probably want a a hint or so of class colour to show its there.

Thank you, Trev! Much appreciated! I'm to make a logo for my
brother's new band that he's starting up so I figured something made
from scratch would be safest and most royalty-free. Don't want anyone
down the road giving him grief about copyright issues. If anyone did,
this way, since I made it from scratch, I'd have the backup graphics
working files to produce to avoid any legal hassles, I believe.

Thanks. :oD