From: Johnny J. on

From: Johnny J. on
That was it - it was hiding in the "All" tab - hadn't noticed the two tabs
before. Still don't understand the purpose of the tabs, though. And isn't
DateTime a common type? Probably comes number 3 on my list of most used
types (after String and Integer)...

Thanks a lot to everybody who took time to answer my question

Cheers,
Johnny J.

From: Patrice on
Hi,

> That was it - it was hiding in the "All" tab - hadn't noticed the two tabs
> before. Still don't understand the purpose of the tabs, though. And isn't
> DateTime a common type? Probably comes number 3 on my list of most used
> types (after String and Integer)...

It is filtered likely because the language as its own type name. So this is
a common type but likely used under another name anyway (similarly you'll
likely use Integer rather SystemInt32).

I find myself always using the "All" tab, IMO filtering intellisense entries
doesn't add much - (AFAIK it basically hides what the language surfaces
using its own statements/keywords)...

--
Patrice

From: Captain Jack on
> Hi,
>
>> That was it - it was hiding in the "All" tab - hadn't noticed the two
>> tabs before. Still don't understand the purpose of the tabs, though. And
>> isn't DateTime a common type? Probably comes number 3 on my list of most
>> used types (after String and Integer)...
>
> It is filtered likely because the language as its own type name. So this
> is a common type but likely used under another name anyway (similarly
> you'll likely use Integer rather SystemInt32).
>
> I find myself always using the "All" tab, IMO filtering intellisense
> entries doesn't add much - (AFAIK it basically hides what the language
> surfaces using its own statements/keywords)...
>
> --
> Patrice

I find myself clicking the "All" tab from time to time still, to make
absolutely sure it's the active one, 'cause I've lost several things in
there since it's been available. :-)