From: Antares 531 on
On Sat, 12 Jun 2010 07:41:51 -0700 (PDT), TomYoung
<sombodee(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>On Jun 12, 6:11�am, "John Pollard" <8plus7...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> Changing payee or memo data in transfers does not propagate the change to
>> the other half of the transfer ... regardless of the account types
>> involved.
>>

>Has this behavior changed within Quicken somewhere along the line? I
>very seldom make these changes yet it seems to me that in earlier
>Quicken versions changes in payee or memo *would* be reflected in the
>offsetting account. If I'm correct that this is a change in the
>programming, it sure doesn't make any sense to me.
>
>Tom Young

I also have made such changes in my older version, but I've tried
everything I can think of with my R10 version and simply can not edit
the Memo information without deleting the whole transaction then
starting over from the beginning....and hope that I don't make any
typos, again.

This isn't a critical problem. I can live with a few typo errors in
those text blocks but it sure seems strange that they can't be edited
and corrected.

Gordon
From: John Pollard on
TomYoung wrote:
> On Jun 12, 6:11 am, "John Pollard" <8plus7...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> Changing payee or memo data in transfers does not propagate the
>> change to the other half of the transfer ... regardless of the
>> account types involved.
>>

> Has this behavior changed within Quicken somewhere along the line? I
> very seldom make these changes yet it seems to me that in earlier
> Quicken versions changes in payee or memo *would* be reflected in the
> offsetting account. If I'm correct that this is a change in the
> programming, it sure doesn't make any sense to me.

I just checked in Q2002; it works the same. I don't have anything earlier
installed.

Actually, I think it's a good idea not to have changes to payee and memo
automatically propagate. If they did, you would never be able to have a
different payee name or memo text in each half of a transfer. The way it
is now, if you want the two halves to contain the same payee and memo, you
get that automatically when a new transfer is added; and if you want the
two halves to be the same after changes, you can make them so.

--

John Pollard
Your source of user-to-user Quicken help

From: Bob Wang on
Another way to do it is to just cut the investment side transaction and
paste it.
That will make the checking half record the same memo.

From: John Pollard on
Bob Wang wrote:
> Another way to do it is to just cut the investment side transaction
> and paste it.
> That will make the checking half record the same memo.

Good point. That effectively deletes, and re-adds, the transaction.