From: vodil on
Using QH&B2010R9 (W7x64) I occassionally get the wrong payee in the
download from the financial institution. (Latest case was Chase VISA,
but it is not only that account.)
It has the correct date and amount. It seems always to be a vendor I
have done business with before, but a different vendor (that I have
done business with before) gets substituted for the name.
On the financial institution website it is correct;so it is some
substitution Q is making somewhere. There are probably ones I don't
catch.
From: Jim H on
vodil wrote:
> Using QH&B2010R9 (W7x64) I occassionally get the wrong payee in the
> download from the financial institution. (Latest case was Chase VISA,
> but it is not only that account.)
> It has the correct date and amount. It seems always to be a vendor I
> have done business with before, but a different vendor (that I have
> done business with before) gets substituted for the name.
> On the financial institution website it is correct;so it is some
> substitution Q is making somewhere. There are probably ones I don't
> catch.

I'd start by looking at the renaming rules in the banking section.
--
Jim
From: Mike Blake-Knox on
In article <7da546a9-cd92-45dd-836c-
a377b3f15501(a)k25g2000prh.googlegroups.com>, Vodil wrote:
> It has the correct date and amount. It seems always to be a vendor I
> have done business with before, but a different vendor (that I have
> done business with before) gets substituted for the name.

Quicken tends to match primarily based on amount. As a result, it's
very easy to Accept a transaction when Quicken has found a transaction
with the same amount. It will then nicely build you a renaming rule
that converts downloaded subsequent transactions from one vendor into
ones for another.

You'll want to find the rule and delete the wrong vendor name.

Mike