From: Darmadi on
Hi Simon,

Try to set Security Rule for the folder where you put your application
(maybe C:\CAVO28).

Darmadi

From: Simon Goodman on
Hi Darmadi / Geoff,

That's the weird part - my main programs run fine in the same folders, with
the same startup code etc.

Local folder is C:\AppDevelop\Estimating

Other programs work fine in the same location. The ones that dont are really
basic programs - they have a main shell, one window with one option so they
can update DBF file structures

No COM, No registry writing, No where near the Program Files folders.

I can live with this as it's a program users will use rarely and it could be
good that they need admin rights to run it!

But here's where I'm at:

I've created a new MDI app from the samples.

By just amending the name for the Exe on the properties page I can make it
ask for Admin rights or not.

Just trying to work out where / what security settings are on the folder and
any relation between names that work and those that dont.

Thanks for the reply though.

Simon

From: Simon Goodman on
Hi,

Could this be something to do with the filename?

Having the word "Updates" as part of the filename seems a daft reason
but.......

Created a new folder C:\SGTemp

1a. Created new MDI application from samples:
1b. File C:\SGTemp\EstUpdates.Exe

Needs admin permission to run.

2a. Created new MDI application from samples:
2b. File C:\SGTemp\EstUxdates.Exe

Runs fine.

Simon

PS - I've searched and removed all previous traces of files called
EstUpdates in case one of those was in the path.

PPS - Anybody got an alternative word for Updates I could use :)
I can only seem to come up with four letter ones myself :)

From: Ginny Caughey on
Interesting about "Updates". Didn't know that one. How about "Revisions"?

--

Ginny Caughey
www.wasteworks.com

From: Simon Goodman on
Hi Ginny,

I dont think it can be just that - although I'd be interested if anyone else
can replicate the problem - I doubt it though :)

It must be something odd with my setup etc.

Tried renaming the app - still wanted admin rights. Copied all mefs from my
app into previously working standard MDI app - this then stopped working.

Going to leave it alone for a day or two to see if that fixes it :)

Simon