From: JTM on
Hello,

Family from Channel Isles have asked daughter (Lancashire)
if she would buy them a 32Gb iPad (WiFi + 3G) for them.
Apparently they're not on sale ther until Nov. The machine
is for use in Portugal by their student daughter.

My mobile use is limited to �10 a time PAYG and lasts me
about 6 months, mostly used in France. Or occasional
browsing in McDonalds with laptop or Archos. So to my
question:

Would a 3G iPad be usable in Portugal / Iberian area? or is
it limited to the O� or other UK network ?

TIA
John

--
John Mulrooney

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat drink beer all day.
From: Flavio Matani on
JTM <usenetbin(a)free.fr> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Family from Channel Isles have asked daughter (Lancashire)
> if she would buy them a 32Gb iPad (WiFi + 3G) for them.
> Apparently they're not on sale ther until Nov. The machine
> is for use in Portugal by their student daughter.
>
> My mobile use is limited to �10 a time PAYG and lasts me
> about 6 months, mostly used in France. Or occasional
> browsing in McDonalds with laptop or Archos. So to my
> question:
>
> Would a 3G iPad be usable in Portugal / Iberian area? or is
> it limited to the O" or other UK network ?

iPads are not locked to a carrier so you should be able to use them with
any network. The one issue could be the physical size of the micro-SIM
card the iPad uses; you might need to perform surgery on a SIM (i. e.
cut it down to size) if there isn't a local carrier that will supply the
micro-SIm required by the iPad.

--
flavio matani
guitar tuition
From: JTM on
In article
<1jlufoa.r1gbzw1s2qfakN%flavio_mataniTAKETHISBITOUT(a)mac.com>,
Flavio Matani <flavio_mataniTAKETHISBITOUT(a)mac.com>
wrote:
[snip]
> The one issue could be the
> physical size of the micro-SIM card the iPad uses; you
> might need to perform surgery on a SIM (i. e. cut it down
> to size) if there isn't a local carrier that will supply
> the micro-SIm required by the iPad.
Thanks for that useful bit of (unoficial) info, which
extends and clarifies what's on the apple store site

--
John Mulrooney

There are 2 true symptoms of dementia; one is forgetting what you are saying, the other is forgetting what you are saying ...