From: Faraz Ahmed Qureshi on
Using ACCESS 2007 and VISUAL STUDIO 2008.
Need a simple database be converted to SQL.
From the database tools selected SQL Server;
Chose Create New Database;
For SQL Server inserted (local);
Inserted the default windows Login ID and Password but the following message
popped up:
Connection failed:
SQLServer does not exist or access denied.

Tried my level best surfing/googling. Any simple tutorial for conversion???
Don't need separate installation of SQL Server I presume, while I have VISUAL
STUDIO 2008?

--
Thanx & Best Regards,

Faraz!
From: Gina Whipp on
Faraz,

Is SQL Server running when you try this?

--
Gina Whipp
2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)

II

"Faraz Ahmed Qureshi" <FarazAhmedQureshi(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:E7FE9C43-28E2-47FC-AFCC-69AB35D01546(a)microsoft.com...
Using ACCESS 2007 and VISUAL STUDIO 2008.
Need a simple database be converted to SQL.
From the database tools selected SQL Server;

From: FARAZ A QURESHI FARAZ A on
Thanx Gina 4 replying,

I am totally new to SQL world. Kindly tell me how to make sure it is
running? If my VS2008 is running I think it should be running too?

From: Gina Whipp on
Open SQL Server Management Studio and then log on to Connect.

--
Gina Whipp
2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)

II

"FARAZ A QURESHI" <FARAZ A QURESHI(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:02CCA825-DA24-40AB-86DA-B57EF105336F(a)microsoft.com...

From: Larry Linson on
Have you asked this question in a Visual Studio or SQL Server newsgroup?
This one is about getting started with Microsoft Office Access. Someone
here _might_ know the answer but if you move to the proper newsgroup, you
will greatly increase your chances.

Larry Linson
Microsoft Office Access MVP