From: Rupert on
On Apr 4, 6:12 am, "George's Pro Sound Co." <bm...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> "Joe Kotroczo" <kotro...(a)mac.com> wrote in message

> > On 04/04/2010 05:47, in article hp9257$c4...(a)speranza.aioe.org, "bob urz"
> > <so...(a)inetnebr.com> wrote:

> >> I was thinking the same thing. EAW owed the concert touring market back
> >> in the pre line array days of 650's, 850's and such. Then they pissed
> >> this all away. I suppose you can say the Vertec series is the modern day
> >> workhorse in concert touring. But just like what happened to EAW,
> >> it can happen to JBL if the market perceives inferior product or
> >> performance.
>
> >> I don't know if i can call it a seismic shift, but i am seeing more D&B
> >> out these days. And the guys that can afford it out with Meyers.
> >> Who knows? maybe EV can make a comeback with US sourced touring systems.
> >> Other than Kenny Chesney and old DB Chicago stuff, i don't see a lot of
> >> EV in the wild lately...
>
> > Just an observation: to me it looks like the US companies, like JBL, EV
> > and
> > to a certain extent also EAW, always try to cover the whole market, from
> > premium systems down to bottom-feeder plastic speakers. Whereas the
> > European
> > companies that seem to be doing rather well at the moment, like d&b or
> > L'Acoustics, only do high-end stuff. The only European company that tried
> > do both high-end and low-end which comes to mind is Turbosound, and look
> > where they are now.
>
> > Not sure what conclusion one can draw from that observation.
>
> > But I'm glad that there is still quality stuff being manufactured in
> > Europe.
>
> some get close but nothing beats Meyer IMO
> George

You haven't heard K1 then if you're comparing high end lines. Meyer's
flagship line is weaker in comparison in terms of throw, LF extension
and HF clarity. Not saying Meyer is bad by any means as it's very
good, but the K1 is really something to hear.
From: George's Pro Sound Co. on

"Rupert" <foodsteaks(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
On Apr 4, 6:12 am, "George's Pro Sound Co." <bm...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> "Joe Kotroczo" <kotro...(a)mac.com> wrote in message

> > On 04/04/2010 05:47, in article hp9257$c4...(a)speranza.aioe.org, "bob
> > urz"
> > <so...(a)inetnebr.com> wrote:

> >> I was thinking the same thing. EAW owed the concert touring market back
> >> in the pre line array days of 650's, 850's and such. Then they pissed
> >> this all away. I suppose you can say the Vertec series is the modern
> >> day
> >> workhorse in concert touring. But just like what happened to EAW,
> >> it can happen to JBL if the market perceives inferior product or
> >> performance.
>
> >> I don't know if i can call it a seismic shift, but i am seeing more D&B
> >> out these days. And the guys that can afford it out with Meyers.
> >> Who knows? maybe EV can make a comeback with US sourced touring
> >> systems.
> >> Other than Kenny Chesney and old DB Chicago stuff, i don't see a lot of
> >> EV in the wild lately...
>
> > Just an observation: to me it looks like the US companies, like JBL, EV
> > and
> > to a certain extent also EAW, always try to cover the whole market, from
> > premium systems down to bottom-feeder plastic speakers. Whereas the
> > European
> > companies that seem to be doing rather well at the moment, like d&b or
> > L'Acoustics, only do high-end stuff. The only European company that
> > tried
> > do both high-end and low-end which comes to mind is Turbosound, and look
> > where they are now.
>
> > Not sure what conclusion one can draw from that observation.
>
> > But I'm glad that there is still quality stuff being manufactured in
> > Europe.
>
> some get close but nothing beats Meyer IMO
> George

You haven't heard K1 then if you're comparing high end lines. Meyer's
flagship line is weaker in comparison in terms of throw, LF extension
and HF clarity. Not saying Meyer is bad by any means as it's very
good, but the K1 is really something to hear.

sorry I dont share your opinion of the k1

George

From: Rupert on
On Apr 4, 10:42 pm, "George's Pro Sound Co." <bm...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> "Rupert" <foodste...(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

> On Apr 4, 6:12 am, "George's Pro Sound Co." <bm...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > "Joe Kotroczo" <kotro...(a)mac.com> wrote in message

> > > On 04/04/2010 05:47, in article hp9257$c4...(a)speranza.aioe.org, "bob
> > > urz"

> > > Just an observation: to me it looks like the US companies, like JBL, EV
> > > and
> > > to a certain extent also EAW, always try to cover the whole market, from
> > > premium systems down to bottom-feeder plastic speakers. Whereas the
> > > European
> > > companies that seem to be doing rather well at the moment, like d&b or
> > > L'Acoustics, only do high-end stuff. The only European company that
> > > tried
> > > do both high-end and low-end which comes to mind is Turbosound, and look
> > > where they are now.
>
> > > Not sure what conclusion one can draw from that observation.
>
> > > But I'm glad that there is still quality stuff being manufactured in
> > > Europe.
>
> > some get close but nothing beats Meyer IMO
> > George
>
> You haven't heard K1 then if you're comparing high end lines. Meyer's
> flagship line is weaker in comparison in terms of throw, LF extension
> and HF clarity. Not saying Meyer is bad by any means as it's very
> good, but the K1 is really something to hear.
>
> sorry I dont share your opinion of the k1
>
> George

No apology needed. Where did you hear it?
From: George's Pro Sound Co. on

On Apr 4, 10:42 pm, "George's Pro Sound Co." <bm...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> "Rupert" <foodste...(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

> On Apr 4, 6:12 am, "George's Pro Sound Co." <bm...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > "Joe Kotroczo" <kotro...(a)mac.com> wrote in message

> > > On 04/04/2010 05:47, in article hp9257$c4...(a)speranza.aioe.org, "bob
> > > urz"

> > > Just an observation: to me it looks like the US companies, like JBL,
> > > EV
> > > and
> > > to a certain extent also EAW, always try to cover the whole market,
> > > from
> > > premium systems down to bottom-feeder plastic speakers. Whereas the
> > > European
> > > companies that seem to be doing rather well at the moment, like d&b or
> > > L'Acoustics, only do high-end stuff. The only European company that
> > > tried
> > > do both high-end and low-end which comes to mind is Turbosound, and
> > > look
> > > where they are now.
>
> > > Not sure what conclusion one can draw from that observation.
>
> > > But I'm glad that there is still quality stuff being manufactured in
> > > Europe.
>
> > some get close but nothing beats Meyer IMO
> > George
>
> You haven't heard K1 then if you're comparing high end lines. Meyer's
> flagship line is weaker in comparison in terms of throw, LF extension
> and HF clarity. Not saying Meyer is bad by any means as it's very
> good, but the K1 is really something to hear.
>
> sorry I dont share your opinion of the k1
>
> George

No apology needed. Where did you hear it?

Coachella.
I think it was about even with D&B quality, nice loud and clear but to
"present" of course with so many elements that make up the mix how can one
guy out in a sea of people decide if it was the engineer, the bands or the
speakers, I have heard plenty of abused Meyer rigs as well
Georhe

From: Rupert on
On Apr 5, 3:54 am, "George's Pro Sound Co." <bm...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> "Rupert" <foodste...(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

> On Apr 4, 10:42 pm, "George's Pro Sound Co." <bm...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > "Rupert" <foodste...(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

> > On Apr 4, 6:12 am, "George's Pro Sound Co." <bm...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > > "Joe Kotroczo" <kotro...(a)mac.com> wrote in message

> > > some get close but nothing beats Meyer IMO
> > > George
>
> > You haven't heard K1 then if you're comparing high end lines. Meyer's
> > flagship line is weaker in comparison in terms of throw, LF extension
> > and HF clarity. Not saying Meyer is bad by any means as it's very
> > good, but the K1 is really something to hear.
>
> > sorry I dont share your opinion of the k1
>
> > George
>
> No apology needed. Where did you hear it?
>
> Coachella.
> I think it was about even with D&B quality, nice loud and clear but to
> "present" of course with so many elements that make up the mix how can one
> guy out in a sea of people decide if it was the engineer, the bands or the
> speakers, I have heard plenty of abused Meyer rigs as well
> Georhe

I guess one man's "too present" is another's "nice and crisp" ;-) I
too was at Coachella the first time I heard it, I believe it was Rat
Sound's debut of the system. It was still in beta then so I know the
processor settings were being worked on. Even still, I though it was
very impressive. For $1.5m worth of speakers, it should have been. The
d&b is good stuff, but I think the top end of of the K1 with the V-
DOSC waveguide has the best HF I've heard on a large scale system. But
then again, that's the sound that I like, It may not be for everyone.
That said, I'm happy mixing on any from Meyer, L'Acoustics, d&b, EV,
EAW, etc. as long as it's Enough Rig for the Gig®. I still do NOT like
JBL Vertec though they do sound better than they used to with the
latest processor settings. You can only do so much with an inherently
flawed box though.

Rupert