From: bob urz on
http://www.manufacturing.net/article.aspx?id=250108

bob
From: Gareth Magennis on

"bob urz" <sound(a)inetnebr.com> wrote in message
> http://www.manufacturing.net/article.aspx?id=250108
>
> bob

Bob, what does a Boeing contract have to do with live sound?

From: bob urz on
Gareth Magennis wrote:

> "bob urz" <sound(a)inetnebr.com> wrote in message
>> http://www.manufacturing.net/article.aspx?id=250108
>>
>> bob
>

> Bob, what does a Boeing contract have to do with live sound?

Nothing? Whoops.
My copy and paste attempt obviously failed....

http://www.manufacturing.net/article.aspx?id=250124

which is still not directly live sound, but about electronics.
And since a large percentage of gear seems to get made in that
part of the world these days, of some interest.

It would be interesting to know about the Chinese live sound
production market. other than the Olympics, you really don't see
a lot of stories on it. Who knows, feedback could but you in jail
over there...

I recently read that JBL was going to quit building diaphragms
and some speakers in Northridge. Probably another manufacturing
job headed to china or such in the future.

bob
From: Gareth Magennis on

> Gareth Magennis wrote:
>>

>> "bob urz" <sound(a)inetnebr.com> wrote in message
>>> http://www.manufacturing.net/article.aspx?id=250108
>>>
>>> bob
>>

>> Bob, what does a Boeing contract have to do with live sound?
>>

> Nothing? Whoops.
> My copy and paste attempt obviously failed....
>

> http://www.manufacturing.net/article.aspx?id=250124
>
> which is still not directly live sound, but about electronics.
> And since a large percentage of gear seems to get made in that
> part of the world these days, of some interest.
>
> It would be interesting to know about the Chinese live sound
> production market. other than the Olympics, you really don't see
> a lot of stories on it. Who knows, feedback could but you in jail
> over there...
>
> I recently read that JBL was going to quit building diaphragms
> and some speakers in Northridge. Probably another manufacturing
> job headed to china or such in the future.
>

> bob

Probably this then.

http://www.prosoundnewseurope.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1563&Itemid=1

From: Rupert on