From: Syphonics via AccessMonster.com on
John W. Vinson wrote:
>>Hi John,
>>My subform A is a datasheet with a + icon at the left.Upon clicking on the
>[quoted text clipped - 21 lines]
>>SELECT
>>FROM [Account Receivables];
>
>How are your tables related? Do you have Referential Integrity enforced on the
>relationship? What about Cascade Deletes? What's the Master and Child Link
>Field of B?

There is a field name AcountID in the "Account Recievables" table which is
link to the Order ID in the "Order Table" both are primary key. I have tried
with and without "Referential Integrity and Cascade Deletes" but it still
never work.
Subform A is link with master and child link using Customer ID, for filtering
of the customer.
Subform B is link with master link: OrderID of the "Order Query" and the
child link is the AccountID of the "Account Recieveable Table"

From: John W. Vinson on
On Mon, 28 Dec 2009 03:46:22 GMT, "Syphonics via AccessMonster.com"
<u25414(a)uwe> wrote:

>John W. Vinson wrote:
>>>Hi John,
>>>My subform A is a datasheet with a + icon at the left.Upon clicking on the
>>[quoted text clipped - 21 lines]
>>>SELECT
>>>FROM [Account Receivables];
>>
>>How are your tables related? Do you have Referential Integrity enforced on the
>>relationship? What about Cascade Deletes? What's the Master and Child Link
>>Field of B?
>
>There is a field name AcountID in the "Account Recievables" table which is
>link to the Order ID in the "Order Table" both are primary key. I have tried
>with and without "Referential Integrity and Cascade Deletes" but it still
>never work.
>Subform A is link with master and child link using Customer ID, for filtering
>of the customer.
>Subform B is link with master link: OrderID of the "Order Query" and the
>child link is the AccountID of the "Account Recieveable Table"

I'm wondering about your data structure. Does each order have one and only one
Account Recievable record? That would imply a one to one relationship: if
that's the case, why have two tables? What's the direction of the relationship
(even one to one relationships have a parent and a child table)?
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: Syphonics via AccessMonster.com on
Each order may have more than 1 account recievable records.
I have just realised that I am able to delete the records if I open the
Subform A with Subform B in it.
But if I open the main form with SubformA and inside of SubformA is SubformB,
I am not able to delete the record.

From: John W. Vinson on
On Mon, 28 Dec 2009 06:58:37 GMT, "Syphonics via AccessMonster.com"
<u25414(a)uwe> wrote:

>Each order may have more than 1 account recievable records.
>I have just realised that I am able to delete the records if I open the
>Subform A with Subform B in it.
>But if I open the main form with SubformA and inside of SubformA is SubformB,
>I am not able to delete the record.

That would appear to be a problem with A2007 and subdatasheets - neither of
which I use routinely! Consider using a true Subform rather than a datasheet.
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: David W. Fenton on
John W. Vinson <jvinson(a)STOP_SPAM.WysardOfInfo.com> wrote in

> In my experience you can't HAVE a subform within a Datasheet
> subform!

Open a form with a child form and then change the view to Datasheet
view. You'll see that you get a datasheet with the child form
embedded like a subdatasheet. In this way, you can actually have a
child form with child forms, including continuous forms.

I've been harping on how useful this is for a really long time, but
nobody seems to notice that it's possible!

--
David W. Fenton http://www.dfenton.com/